Chapter 25

HOPE

Zeke lets me down and I grab my bag from my locker. We walk to his truck and he helps me in.

"Does the principal know about you?" I ask him when we drive off.

"Yes, he's a werewolf too. So is the school nurse. They will handle the issues."

I never would have thought that they were werewolves, but then again, I didn't even know that werewolves existed until a few days ago.

"The pack business I handled this morning wasn't actual pack business," Zeke says and grabs the steering wheel a little tighter. "Your dad called yesterday and they want you to move back home. I didn't want to tell you until we had talked to our lawyer to see what rights you have. I didn't want to worry you."

I suddenly feel very anxious.

"Don't worry, Hope. Legally, they have the right to come and get you since you aren't 18 yet. It doesn't matter that it's just a few days away. They only want you back because there's a rumor in town that they can't take care of you because of your mother's 'issues', and their reputation is at stake."

I huff. When have they ever thought about their reputation? Mom's been reeking of alcohol every day at work, and people must know that they don't care about me. They haven't been seen outside the house with me since I was nine. But then again, people have never cared to do anything about it, so why would they now?

"What are we going to do? I can't go back," I say with tears filling my eyes. "I don't want to leave you."

"You won't have to, I promise," he says, grabbing my hand and stroking it with his thumb. "We're going to pay them off. If your dad agrees, we're going to pay for your mom's rehab, and they will also receive a good amount of money to leave you alone. And don't argue about the money, please. Even if it's a big amount for them, it's nothing to us," he says, smiling.

"How much money do you have? I mean, if my greedy parents are going to leave me alone, it's not going to be cheap."

"Don't worry, we're filthy rich," he says, smirking.

I let out a chuckle, but get serious again. "What if they don't take it and want me back anyway?"

"It won't come to that. Your birthday is on Saturday and we will keep them away until then. And there's also the part where we can scare them away," he says, making his eyes flash red with an evil smirk on his face.

I laugh at him and feel a bit calmer.

"You're the first one to laugh at my 'Alpha eyes'. I guess they don't have the same effect on you, being my mate and all," he says, smiling.

I shrug my shoulders. "It's just cute."

"Cute?" he says, laughing. "That was not the effect I was going for." He turns to me again with red eyes and his canines out, trying to scare me.

I shrug again. "Okay, you're handsome," I say, smiling.

He laughs out loud. "Go on," he says, withdrawing his canines and his eyes turn back to golden again.

"And kind and sweet...and kind of hot," I whisper the last part out.

"I'm what now?" he says like he couldn't hear me.

"I know that you heard me," I say, turning my head to the window and blush.

"Just kind of hot, huh?" he teases.

I shrug my shoulders again just as we arrive at the house.

When he's parked the truck, he unbuckles my seatbelt and lifts me onto his lap, making me squeal.

"I'm going to show you hot," he says and puts his lips to mine, kissing me hungrily. It's not slow like the other kisses we've had. It's...hot. I'm feeling more tingles than ever before, and I can also feel his member starting to poke me. If I was in my right mind, this would be when I jump off him and blush like crazy, but instead, I start grinding on him.

Who am I?

He growls and puts his hands under my shirt, caressing my waist with his thumbs.

Holy⸺

Just then, there's a knock on the window. We pull away from each other, breathing heavily.

His mom is standing there with the biggest grin on her face. "If you're going to have time to eat before Hope's parents get here, I suggest that you finish that later." She turns around and leaves.

Oh my God! She saw us. She saw me grinding on her son and having his tongue down my throat. I blush and hide my face in Zeke chest.

He just chuckles. "We better go inside."

"I can't go in there now," I say embarrassed.

"You know, they're going to now when I have marked you and we have mated," he says with a smirk.

"What! How?" I say petrified and lift my head up to look at him. Parents shouldn't know this stuff about their children.

"The mark is going to show and you're going to smell like me."

My eyes go big like saucers.

He chuckles again. "Don't worry, it's normal for us werewolves."

We get out and he almost has to drag me toward the house. I walk behind him to the kitchen where his parents are. I think I'm still blushing, and if I need to stand behind Zeke while eating, that's what I'll do.

Zeke sits me down on his lap at the table while his parents are placing out the food. I'm too embarrassed to look at them, and Zeke just sits there smirking.

"Oh, don't be embarrassed, dear," Kate says, smiling. "It's just one step closer to giving me grandpups."

I freeze.

"Mom!" Zeke scolds her.

"What! It is."

Richard just chuckles at her and shakes his head.

What does she mean by pups? I'm not going to have to pop out wolves, am I? I need to ask Evelyn about this before it goes any further.

"So, about your parents," Richard says, changing the subject while we eat. "Do you want to be here for the meeting? It's okay if you don't want to see them. We understand."

Do I? I'm afraid of the feelings they will bring up to the surface. I've been feeling happy now and I don't want to go back to those sad feelings, but at the same time, I think I need some kind of closure. To see them one more time and see their expressions when they see me, knowing that I almost killed myself. They haven't even asked to talk to me to see how I'm doing.

"I want to be there."

"Are you sure?" Zeke asks concerned.

I nod. "I think I need some kind of closure."

He nods back, understanding what I mean.

"They will be here in 30 minutes and you can change your mind anytime you want. We will have our lawyer present." Richard says.

"Thank you. And thank you for everything that you're doing for me," I say, looking down, feeling a little guilty about the trouble I've brought to them.

"You don't have to thank us, Hope. You're family, and that's what we do," Richard says, smiling.

I smile at him. I'm really happy to be a part of this family where they take care of each other and show each other love and respect.