Chapter 32

HOPE

"We're having a picknick at the lake today," Kate says when we've eaten our breakfast.

"Oh, how nice."

"Do you want to help me prepare the food?"

I look at Zeke. I really don't want to leave him.

"I need to go to the gym anyway, so that's okay if you want to."

I start stroking his chest and almost feel like a puppy being left by its owner for the first time.

Can a human have separation anxiety?

Zeke chuckles. "It's okay, Hope. I'll be right over there at the gym," he says, pointing further down the hallway. "Come get me when you're done," he says, kissing me and leaving me there while he goes upstairs to change.

"Oh, come here, Hope," Kate says, holding my shoulders while leading me to the kitchen counter. I have to stand on a little stool to reach up since the counters are made for their height. "You know, he's not going to leave. He'll be right here."

"I know," I say, sighing. "I just miss him all the time when I don't see him. It's silly."

"It's not. It's the mate-bond pushing you to finish the mating-process. But don't worry, there's no rush," she tries to comfort me.

I know there isn't, but I don't think I'm going to be able to keep myself from him much longer. As crazy as it sounds, I want him to sink his teeth into me and I want to make love to him so badly. I think I'm ready, but I'm not going to tell him until I'm completely sure.

I help Kate prepare the food, but all I can think about is Zeke.

After an hour, I can't take it anymore. "I have to go see him," I say, washing my hands and stepping down from the stool.

"It's okay. You held out longer than I thought," she says, smiling. "Besides, we're almost done."

I walk down the hallway toward the gym and open the door. Loud music hits me and makes me jump a little, forgetting that all the rooms are soundproof. I see Chris and Ben, but not Zeke.

I step inside and Chris spots me. "He's over there," he says, smirking and pointing to the far-left corner.

I see Zeke lying on a weight bench while Ryan is adding more weights to the bar.

"You know, I'm not going to be able to help you lift it off you if you drop this," Ryan says a little worriedly.

"You won't have to," Zeke says with his dark voice.

"Cocky much?" Ryan says, chuckling, then walks to stand behind the bench again.

Zeke lifts the bar off the rack and pushes it up and down. His pecs and triceps are flexing, and I see little beads of sweat forming on his bare upper body.

Holy moly.

Zeke sees or feels me, maybe both, because he pushes the bar up on the rack again and sits up, smirking at me. Chris and Ben are chuckling at me. I guess I spaced out again.

Awkward.

"We're done," Zeke says to Ryan and comes over to me, then lifts me up like a koala bear. "Hi," he says, looking into my eyes.

"H-hi."

"Are you done helping mom?"

"Mhm," is all I can get out while I watch the little beads of sweat making his ripped body glow. You can see little veins popping up from his big muscles and I start tracing them with my fingers.