Chapter 31

HOPE

I wake up, feeling warm, cozy and tingly.

Mmm, Zeke's skin is so smooth.

I run my hands up and down his sides, then kiss his chest all over.

I hear a low growl from Zeke. "Hope!" he says warningly.

"Oops, sorry," I say and lie down flat on his chest again and stop moving my arms, but it's so tempting. I just want to feel him all over me.

He chuckles at me and lifts me off him. "I need a cold shower," he says and disappears into the bathroom.

I stay in bed and hug the cover.

Mmm, it smells like him.

When we're done getting ready, and after a lot of touching and kissing, we go down for breakfast. Zeke has pack-training today since there was none yesterday due to my birthday. Evelyn decides to take me out to the village to distract me from thinking about Zeke and disturbing him while he's busy. Mira is coming with us for protection, as usual. She's become my personal guard. Zeke trusts her and Evelyn and I like to have her around even if she's a bit older than us. She's tough, but is really kind and funny. She jokes around with us, but keeps Evelyn from doing too crazy things.

There are a few small stores here. A grocery store, a café, a flower shop, a few others and, of course, Margaret's salon. We walk a little further than I have before and come to a bigger building.

"This is the hospital," Evelyn says.

"You have your own hospital?" I say surprised.

"Yes, we need our own since our physique, and some injuries and symptoms, are sometimes hard to explain. Here, we don't have to worry about someone finding out what we are. It's not huge, but they have all the staff and equipment that's needed."

We walk around for a while, making me see a little more of the village. I'm still a little uncomfortable with all the people who are staring, and some bowing at me, but they all seem nice and it feels better when I have Evelyn and Mira with me. The worst are some males my age that I guess haven't found their mate yet. They're staring a little bit more than I'm comfortable with, but Mira gives them a stern look and they look away. Maybe she's mind-linking them too.

On the way back, we stop at the café where we're warmly greeted by the owner. It's an older lady, and she recognizes me since we were last here.

"What can I get you today, Luna?" she asks, smiling.

Evelyn nudges me with her elbow.

Oh, right! That's me.

"I'll have a latte and a chocolate cupcake, please."

"Are you eating here today?"

"Yes."

Evelyn and Mira order and we sit down at a table in the corner.

"So, you didn't do anything yesterday?" Evelyn asks, seeing that I have no mark or different smell.

"No," I say, blushing.

"The way you dry-humped each other yesterday, I was sure it was going to happen," she says, chuckling, and Mira chuckles with her. "You should've seen Hope yesterday when she felt the bond. It was like turning a switch on her hormones and she was all over Zeke."

"I was not." I say, trying to look offended.

"You mean that you didn't almost choke each other with your tongues, and then sat on his lap, staring at his muscles like they were going to pop out of his shirt. I couldn't even get in contact with you."