Chapter 42

HOPE

I've been getting a few more friends in the pack-village when being at school here. They all treat me so nicely, but I'm still not used to them seeing me as someone higher in rank than them. Zeke told me that that's what makes me a great Luna. I'm not supposed to be their leader since that's his job. I'm supposed to be their support, if needed. They must feel like they can come to me if they need to talk. Just being a good friend when they need someone to listen.

I feel so at peace here, and also with everything new that's coming even if everything is moving really fast. I'm due to give birth in a few days. The pregnancy has been great and I'm feeling even stronger than before. Our little son, who will also be an Alpha, apparently gives me some of his strength too.

I'm still a little nervous about giving birth, but Zeke projects his calmness over to me to make it easier. Dr. Alana and a crew of nurses are ready at the pack-hospital for us when we come in, so that also makes me a little calmer...and the fact that Evelyn assured me once again that I won't be giving birth to a giant werewolf baby with his claws out that rips my whole pussy open.

Yes, I was a little afraid of that...and she broke down laughing at me.

Such a good friend.

We're lying in bed, me on my back since I can't lie on my stomach on top of Zeke right now, to his dismay.

He's lying above my legs, leaning on his forearms and staring at my tummy. "I want you to come out now," he says through the mind-link.

"Can he hear you?" I ask him.

"No, but he can feel my emotions, and I want him to come out."

I chuckle. "You have to wait for a few more days."

"Don't want to," he says a little grumpily, but it's cute that he's so eager.

Someone else who is eager is Kate. She's ecstatic to soon have a grandpup. She's cleaning and fussing, wanting everything to be perfect before he arrives. Zeke had to almost throw her out of our room the other day. He's glad that she's helping, but he told her that he wants me for himself too. Which he has most of the time, but he makes sure that I'm not left alone one minute if he's handling pack business or training. If he's sitting at his desk, he mostly keeps me on his lap while working, and he nuzzles my neck and kisses and licks my mark from time to time...which makes me a little aroused...which makes him smell the air, his eyes start flashing red, then he gives me a wicked grin...and then I end up on my back on the bed.

Naughty wolf.

Zeke is holding my hand and is projecting calmness, comfort and love

Zeke is holding my hand and is projecting calmness, comfort and love. I think he even takes some of the pain, because even if giving birth hurts like hell, I can take it without being too tired.

We hear a cry when our son is finally out and I fall back on the bed to catch my breath. Smiling wide, I look at our son that Dr. Alana is holding in her arms. She gives him to one of the nurses to get him cleaned up and I turn my head and smile at Zeke who's got tears in his eyes.

He leans down, nuzzles my neck and licks my mark. "You did so good. I'm so proud of you."

I sob out in happy tears while the nurse places our son in my arms, and we look so adoringly at him. He's got a lot of black hair, and golden eyes like his dad. He looks up at me with his cute, little face, then smiles with red flashing in his eyes.

Can a baby do that?

I get a little shocked and look at Zeke, who's grinning. "He's just showing that he loves you," he says.

I look back at him with tears in my eyes. "I love you too, little one."

I soon find out that werewolf babies⸺or more correctly, Alpha babies⸺develop much faster. After only 2 weeks, he can tell us what he wants and needs through the mind-link. Not with full sentences, but he can say if he's hungry, tired or needs to go potty. The essential stuff.

To honor Zeke's ancestor, the Alpha who also had to mark his human mate several times to make her stronger, we named our son Zerxes, like him. He's going to be a strong Alpha, so he needs a strong name. I don't think Bob or Eugene would've done it. Not that we had those names as suggestions.

What I also found out later on was that he gained his strength pretty fast. Even unusually fast for the common Alpha. We have our hands full with him, so even if Kate has already started nagging us about another grandpup, we will probably wait a while and think about that...if Zeke doesn't get the urge to start marking me again so I get pregnant right away.

I still get that euphoric feeling when Zeke kisses me, licks my mark or makes love to me. That wonderful, out of this world feeling I would've missed out on if I had taken that last step at the cliff that day if Zeke hadn't stopped me. That day that seems so far ago. I hardly remember how I felt then, because now, all I feel is happiness.

**Thank you for reading. I hope you liked it :) Maybe there will be a story about Zerxes in the future.**