Chapter 14

"Hey president, let me help you with that."

"Uhh.. n-no, I c-can handle this.. Go help Ryujin."

-

"President, it's already lunch break. Do you want to eat lunch with me?"

"N-no thanks Winter, I'm with Giselle. M-maybe next time!"

-

"President, are you okay? You see-"

"I'm fine."

-

"Uhmm hey Winter, you go ahead." Karina said while looking at her laptop, Winter was so confused.

"Why? I'll wait for you here, if you don't mind." Karina stopped what she's doing and turned to Winter. She let out a deep sigh and the latter saw it.

"I mind, so will you please go, I need to finish something. I'll have Giselle to wait for me outside. Thanks." Karina said and put her attention back at the laptop placed in front of her. Winter shook her head in disbelief and walked her way out of Karina's office.

-

It was already 7 PM and Karina was finally done. She opened her cellphone and contacted Aeri. After so many rings, the Japanese still hasn't answered.

'Where the fuck are you Aeri?'

She tried to contact her for the last time, still, no answer. Karina groaned in frustration and stomped her way out. She went to the elevator and pressed the 'G' button.

"I guess I have to go home by myself." Karina thought to herself and the elevator opened. The lobby was kinda dark, she felt scared and hurriedly walked outside the building. Karina was about to get inside her car but she saw a familiar figure, sitting on a bench placed beneath the tree. She blinked for a few times and she can't be wrong, it's Winter.

'but what are you doing there?'

Karina panicked when the person she's been staring at, looked in her direction. Karina quickly opened the car's door when she saw the running towards her place. Before she could stepped inside, she suddenly felt Winter's presence behind her.

"Hey Karina." She simply greeted. Karina didn't turned around to face Winter so the latter pulled her into an embrace. Karina couldn't refused anymore, she froze by Winter's sudden action. Her heart started beating extremely fast, and her cheeks were redden.

'shit, she really smelled so nice, if only we could stay like this forever.'

When Karina was back to her normal self and realized what was happening, she pushed Winter away which made the latter confused.

"Uhh, hey didn't notice you were there." Karina lied which made Winter smirked.

"Really? Then why are you hugging me back?" Karina was surprised, and speechless.

'you really suck at lying Karina, you were literally smelling her perfume while she hugged you.'

"Hey, uhmm, I have to go, bye. See you tomorrow." Karina said. She was about to get inside her car but Winter suddenly grabbed her by the wrist.

"Are you avoiding me?" Winter blurted out, Karina had her eyes wide opened, shookt. Was she really avoiding Winter?

"No." that didn't convinced Winter.

"Really huh? Fine, if that what's you want. Besides, who am I to ask you such a thing like that, I'm just your bodyguard, nothing more, probably less." and after Winter said all that, she left Karina alone. The latter suddenly felt a pang in her chest.