Chapter One

So let the story start when they already adopted Venice...

Vegas tirelessly walked inside the house and found Macau sitting on the sofa and playing games.

"Going home late, Phi?" Macau asked him as he continues to glue his eyes on his phone.

Vegas just nodded. "The meeting went for hours, longer than I expected." he lied.

He can still remember when Kinn talked to him privately as if they were criminals planning for a serious crime. Well, it wasn't new to him. But then, Kinn told him a new information that there is a group who wanted to mess with their business.

As for Vegas, he doesn't really care since he isn't a member of the Main Family but the fact that his last name will always be tangled with them means he will always be involve whether he liked it or not. On the other hand, Pete is Khun's former bodyguard so if ever someone wants to target Khun, Pete will also be involved.

Vegas hurriedly went up the stairs. For now, he just wants to be on bed and hug Pete tightly- his home.

When he entered the room, it was filled with Pete's natural scent but the lights are close. Vegas thought that maybe Pete and Venice was already sleeping. He walked slowly, afraid to make a sound and disturb the two.

When his eyes can finally adjust to darkness, he noticed that no one is sleeping on his bed. He can't even feel anyone's presence. Usually, he can sometimes hear Pete snoring because of tiredness or a small sound from Venice when he sucks his thumb.

Vegas eyebrows met and reached out to switch on the light. In surprise, Pete isn't on his bed. He looked for the crib at the end of the bed and didn't found Venice.

"Pete?" His heart started to beat fast.

Vegas walked to the bathroom and it was empty.

He suddenly remembers what Kinn told him.

"Be careful from now on. Someone is setting us as their target and you and your family is involved."

Vegas cursed under his breath and run towards Macau. He found Macau stretching his arms and it seems like he will be going to sleep.

"Phi?"

"Macau. Where is Pete and Venice?" He asked afraid for his life.

Macau only shrugged. "I thought they are in your room? I only came home five minutes earlier than you."

Vegas jaw-dropped and he felt like his head was starting to explode. Anxiety rose in his heart and no matter how many times he reminds himself to stay calm, he just can't.

"Nop! Nop!" He called him.

Nop and the other bodyguards ran towards him.

"Where are Pete and Venice?" he asked them.

For the first time in a while, the calm face of the Master has already been burning in intense anger. The bodyguards couldn't even contain an eye contact.

"Pete said they will be just walking outside, Khun Vegas. We thought he already entered the house."

"What the fuck?! Didn't you even check if they return?!"

Macau tried to stop him by holding his arms but it was not just going to be okay for Vegas.

"Check the whole mansion! Every road! It's already nine in the evening and you don't know if my wife and child are already home?!" He roared.

The bodyguards ran, trembling in fear while Vegas can only pull his hair in frustrations and start going around the house calling for Pete and Venice name.