Chapter 14- Deepening Friendship

May 2nd, 2014:

It was early in the morning, like 4am early in the morning, but I just couldn't get myself to fall asleep and stay that way. I sigh, rolling over to where I was charging my phone. I see a few text notifications and pick it up to start answering every one.

The first text was of my family cat, TinTin, being cute from my sister. Another was from Sejin saying he had to talk to me tomorrow, or today now. I also had a few from IU, Kai, and Jeonghwa.

I open up IU's text first.

IU: I'm so excited for this album, wish you could hear it and give your opinion on it :(

IU: Also, when are you coming back again? I want to get the whole group together and have fun, it could also be an opportunity for you to meet more people in the industry!

IU: And I hope you're having fun in the U.S. after the whole prank sh*t show

I smile. IU had wanted to have a gathering of all her close friends including SHINee's Jonghyun, Suzy, T-ara's Jiyeon, Kara's Hara, Brown Eyed Girls' Gain, and actor Kim Soo-hyun. I was honestly surprised when she brought it up, including me in the close friend group. While we got along really well and had the same sense of humour, we had only known each other less than a year. It had taken me by surprise, and I had humbly said I couldn't possibly be a part of such a prestigious group, but now she wouldn't stop going on about trying to find a time that suits everyone, including me.

I text her back.

Y/N: I should be back in like 10 days. Do you really think you can get everyone to agree on one time? This seems like an impossible feat ngl

Y/N: The U.S. is ok, this show is hard work lol

Y/N: I wish I could hear it too! I'm sure it's fire though, IU doesn't make bad songs <3

---------------

After responding to IU, I go to the next text in line, Jeonghwa's. I had last texted her about the prank debacle a couple of days ago, but she had yet to reply.

Jeonghwa: Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, been busy with all this new agency business

Jeonghwa: That sounds horrible. How could they not have thought about how you were going to react. Any girl would feel so uncomfortable and scarred in a situation like that. You are so right in being annoyed! God, it's crazy what they put us through, they seem to always forget we're human too :|

Jeonghwa: Also, are you eating well? Do I need to go beat up your members and managers for not only putting you through this emotional stress, but also not feeding you???

I laugh slightly as I replied to her. I could always trust Jeonghwa to back me up 100%. She was your stereotypical girlfriend. Once she befriended you, if anyone messed with you, she was right there to beat the person up, or talk smack about them behind their back. She also had a surprisingly mature side and gave great advice.

Y/N: Don't worry, I'm eating well. It's been busy, but my members are making sure I eat. No need to get the boxing gloves out yet lol

Y/N: How's the contract with Yedang coming along? It should be straightforward since it's a takeover, right? Or are you having to renegotiate everything?