Chapter 18- American Hustle Life: Not Alone

Underlined = English

May 5th, 2014:

We were back in the dance studio with Jenny Kita. We had just finished a dance battle with some dancers Jenny had assembled. We only won the battle because Hoseok literally destroyed everyone else. Without him, we would've most definitely lost. Funnily enough, however, I won my battle because I decided to put in a flip and ended with the split all female trainees needed to know how to do. I guess there was a purpose to having to practice and train so hard as a trainee after all.

She was now telling us what song and dance moves we had to incorporate into our choreography for the dance mission.

Jungkook and Suga were dancing to Love Never Felt So Good by Michael Jackson and had to use the glide and 6 step somewhere in their choreography. Namjoon and Jimin were dancing to Gifted by N.A.S.A., Kanye West, and Santo Gold and had to add krumping and twerking to their dance.

"Hold on, hold on," Namjoon interrupts, "you sure you meant this for us and not Y/N's group?"

"No, no I meant it for your group," Jenny smiles confidently, "you have hips, right?"

"Yes..." Namjoon replies unsure.

"Well, then you can do it too. Gendered dance moves don't exist," she explains.

I smile. I liked her, and the fact she was making Jimin and Namjoon twerk. Namjoon and Jimin try twerking and were obviously not taking it seriously.

"Oh, come on oppa!" I shout in disbelief, "I take all the masculine moves seriously! Take this one seriously too!"

"But I can't do it," Jimin chuckles.

"Really? But you're even more flexible than I am," I question the accuracy of his statement.

"Y/N is right boys," Jenny says after listening to the translator, "this move is just as important in knowing how to do whether you are female or male. Furthermore, it's a great way to learn to separate your body control, which is something you, Namjoon, could use".

Jimin and Namjoon both bow, apologizing for not taking it as seriously.

We moved on to the Hoseok and Seokjin's group who were dancing to Pharrel's Come Get It Bae and had to use popping and locking and kick pose dance moves.

"Finally, you two," she points to Taehyung and me, "you'll have to use waacking and an air pose while dancing to Please Don't Stop the Music by Rihanna".

"Waacking?" I question. I had no clue what that was.

She gives us a demonstration and it looked so hard.

"So you really have to use your arms well. It's all about being expressive and posing ok?" Jenny explains, "why don't you guys give it a try?"