The Day I Met Him

Dean's pov

It was a hot sunny day at the office and I had been just assigned a new partner for the job. Something about me being to rough on the last guy. Hey! It's not my fault the idiot didn't know how to do his job.

Around lunch time a little guy in a tan trench coat came stumbling in my office. He had a deep gruff voice but looked like an abused lost puppy. He had raven hair that stuck out everywhere and eyes that could stare right into your soul.

They were bluer than any color of blue there was. They sparkled like crystals hypnotizing you with a single glance. He had the slight strip of stubble outlining the frame of his lower face and lips so full and pink you would have mistaken them for a rose petal.

He smelled of honey and cinnamon. He was wearing a backwards blue tie that had a hint of cologne sented in it, a white button up shirt with a black suit jacket. He wore black thin lined dress pants and slick black shoes. To top it all off with tan oversized big bulky trench coat  with the belt missing.

As I took in the sight of the frightened young man standing in front of my office door he pulls out his badge upsidown saying nervously  "Agent Winchester..... I'm Agent Novak.....I was asigned  to be your partner..."

I smile warmly at him and give out a low chuckle. "Well Agent Novak, you do know your holding your badge upsidown right?" I ask teasing the angelic like man in front of me. He looks at his badge and quickly closes it and stuffs it into his pocket.

Well, were going to have lots of fun together! I think as I watch him stand there nervously.

"Well? Don't stand there all day! Sit down! Tell me about yourself. I don't normally do this to my new partners until I've known them long enough so you should feel lucky. If they ever lasted that long. " I said that last part under my breath not trying to scare the beautiful man in front of me.

He nods and takes a seat. Then stares directly at me waiting for a command. Good listener. That's good. Maybe he's a keeper. Let's find out.

"Ok Novak, tell me about yourself. " I say leaning back in my chair but looking at him strait in the eyes.

"Well first off my name is Castiel, Castiel Novak. I-" Castiel started but I cut him off "Castiel..... hummm... can I call you Cas? You know? As a nickname or sonething?" I ask interrupting his sentence.

"Umm sure. Well as I was saying before you interupted me...." Cas began rolling his eyes at me. Humm he's got some sass. I like. "I just moved here not to long ago. So I don't really have much history. I have a dead beat dad, my mom left us when I was three and my older brothers I barely know because I was separated from them in foster care. I've had a hard life for being mainly of my sexuality.... oh sh*t..... didn't mean to mention that!" Cas talked. I looked up at him with surprise half shocked that a beautiful face like that just cursed.

"Woaw slow down buddy.... What do you mean your life is hard because of your sexuality?" I ask making my tone softer than my loud booming voice.

Cas stared at me with fearful eyes. They began to tear up. Oh sh*t. It's his first day and he already starts crying and I haven't done anything to him yet.

"Well.... um..... my life is hard because..... because.... I like guys more than girls.... you know what I mean?  I'm gay.... And everyone I ever loved shut me down because of it." Cas sobbed out. Tears were already flooding his beautiful Crystal eyes making rivers in his hands.

I quickly grow a heart for the sobbing man in front of me and rush over to him. I hug him slightly rocking him back and forth.

"It's alright.... I am to... But hey.... you don't need to be afraid here... everyone knows I am gay here and they accept that. I'm sure they'll accept you." I say as I pull away wiping all his tears away.

"I...I've... I've herd stories about you.... They say your partners last barley a week...." Cas mumbles. "Cas.... those people were idiots who didn't know how to listen.... their not like you.... your not like them.... I can tell... you are going to be my permanent partner.Best friends maybe. I know it." I say to Cas.

His mouth twitches up into a smile and says "You haven't yet told me about yourself. How could I be friends with someone I don't even know?"

I chuckle lightly "Dean, you can call me Dean. I have a little brother named Sam who is in collage studying to be a lawyer.  I've been in the F.B.I. business ever since my parents died fifteen years ago. I've been working hard to get Sammy into Stanford University and I've finally got to do so."

Cas smiled at me and says "Well then, Dean, I'm happy to have become your partner and friend. I hope we can learn to trust each other with knowing instinct sooner rather than later."

I smile back and go back to my little chair saying "and I to you Cas."