Murder and Heartbreak

Dean's pov

I entered the office with Cas by my side and notice everyone is buzzing like bees. "Hey Chief! What's going on?" I call.

"There's been a murder at the pub. I need you and Novak to go check it out." Chief Shirley called out.

"Sure thing boss!" I yell back. "C'mon Cas there had been a murder at the pub." I say to Cas. His eyes were wide with fear. "Your first murder case?" I ask rubbing his back. He nods quickly but doesn't say a word.

When we arrived the pub was buzzing with news reporters. Me and Cas had to fight our way in the pub but finally getting to a clearing.

As soon as we saw the body I saw Cas' heart literally break. His facial expression looked like he was going to break down and waist his life away crying. I would to..... if it were my little brother to....

There on the floor was his brothers dead, limp body, covered in blood, laying on the floor. And the murderer was cruel enough to paint angel wings around the body with his own blood. Gabriel Richard Novak. Was dead. Murdered May 23, 2017.

Castiel's facial expression twisted into something no human should have ever experienced. Anger, sadness, blame, punishment, determination, revenge, and heartbreak.  All of those expressions mixed up on one little face. And it was heartbreaking for me to even look at.

I catch a glimpse of Balthazar in the corner being interrogated by cops and news reporters combined. But he wouldn't talk. He had the same expression on his face that Cas  did.

I pulled Cas away from the crime scene to an empty corner. "I know your not ok Cas  so I'm not even going to ask. You are going to stay with your brother until the case is over. Your welcome to come over to my place and work the case and come to the station for files. But Cas... I don't want you anywhere near Gabe's body until this case is solved. You here me?" Cas nods stiffly.

I pull Cas into the bathroom and pull him into a hug. That's when he broke. He cryed and cryed until his eyes were out of tears. Then he was left with tearless sobs. His body shook and he couldn't even stand up anymore. He put all his wait on me and trusted me.

For the short time I've known this man I've grown to love him. I'd never admit that but I swore on my life I'd protect this man if it was the last thing I do.

I've realized just by his first appearance yesterday that there was a broken worn down soul behind of the mask of his pretty face. And I swore that very moment I saw him that I would protect him.

When Cas was drained I took him steadily and walked him out of the bathroom and over to his brother.(Balthazar I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't bring him to his dead brother. That would be just cruel.)

Balthazar was still sitting in the corner.  Still being swarmed. Still with the same expression. When Cas walked up to him he was expressionless. He walked with Cas in the bathroom and I stood outside the door not letting anyone sneak in. And also give them their brotherly private time.

From what I herd from muffles it was the same breakdown as Cas but worse because Cas started all over again. And that's when I realized I'm taking them both home with me. No ands,ifs,or buts about it. I will take care of those two broken souls if it's the last thing I do. Aaaand my daughter. But that's a different story. I think as I glair at the news reporters,  cameras, and other officers that isn't even our troop.

I wait for a full hour before they come out. They had the same expression that they had on before they entered back on their faces.

"Boys, there will be no and, ifs, or buts about this. You two will be living with me until I feel confident to let you two go back to life. You will need to pack everything and move in with me by tomarrow." I say to them up front.

"De-" Cas started but I cut him off with "No Ands, Ifs, Or Buts." I say sternly.

Cas was about to speak but Balthy stoped him by saying "listen to Dean Cassie. He means well." In an all to broken voice.

I turn and lead the both of them out the door to my car. Before I start the car I text the Chief.

DW: Cas needs to work at home. He is still on the case but he can't get anywhere near the body.

CS:why?

DW: the victim is his Brother.

CS: oh.... ok.... granted full permission.

DW: thanks for going easy on him. I'm really starting to like him. I need him as a permanent partner.

CS: permanent work partner or life?

DW: you know what I mean Chuck.

CS: no I'm serious. Life or work?

DW: is it possible for both?

CS: only if you make it that way.

I put my phone down and sighed. I look at the brothers in my back seat and see that their holding each other like the earth is going to explode. I start the car and drive off to their houses. Waiting for them to pack up then climb back in.