Somethings up with Sammy

Dean's pov

Me and Cas drove to work the next morning and walked in hand in hand. A couple of co-workers congratulated us and some ignored us. Chief Shirley greeted us with a warm smile and said "Dean your brothers in your office. He is devastated and won't stop crying over Gabriel's death."

I nod to him and take Cas to my offace to my weeping brother.

I open the door and he turns his head and looks at me. His face was red and puffy and he had tears still running down his face.

"Is it true? Is Gabe really dead?" He asks. He looks just like he did when Jess died.

I nod my head and he stands up. I walk over to him and pull him into a hug. "Yea... He is. I'm sorry Sammy. I didn't know you two were that close." I say.

"He helped me get over Jess' death. And now he's dead. Why dose everyone I love die? Next thing in know it might be you Dean.... I'm a living curse." Sam says hugging me tighter.

I look over at Cas and see him staring blankly at the floor. I pull away from the hug and patted him on the shoulder. "Cas, this is my baby brother Sam. Sam, this is my partner and boyfriend Cas." I introduce.

Cas and Sam give each other weak smiles and we all sit down.

"Sam whare were you on the night of his murder? And tell us, how did your relationship start with Gabe?" Cas asks taking a seat next to Sam.

"Well on the night of the murder I was at the college. In my dorm room. My new roommate after Jess was out at a party. I think her name is Meg. She didn't come home until around one a.m. I stayed there all day and night. And my relationship with Gabe was just being best friends. All until he told me he loved me. I freaked out and left for a while. I came back to the pub today with flowers hoping to see him and tell him I was sorry I ran away but one of the bar tenders told me he was dead." Sam explained.

Cas put a hand on his shoulder. "I know how you feel. He was my big brother. He practicly raised me and Balthy. He was more of a father to me than my own father ever was." Cas said.

That statement that Cas last said brought out a certain emotion from Sam's eyes. I couldn't quite tell what it was but I knew it was something I've never seen in my brothers eyes.

Sam's pov

Holey crap! I killed my brothers boyfriend's brother! I'm such an idiot! It's not going to take long before I get found! I'm going to leave town! Move away! Or even better kill myself! Yea that's the better way! Kill myself and admit myself on a piece of paper! Dean is better off without me! He has Cas now! Goodbye cruel world!

Dean's pov

Sam turned to me and smiled weakly. "Well I better be off. I have exams tomarrow.... I don't want to fail them" he says and gets up. We all get up and walk out together. Sam shakes Cas' hand and gives me a last tight hug and walks off.

I turn to Cas and say "C'mon Cas. Let's get to work."  We walk back in and go through the murder files.

Later that night I take Cas home and the phone rings. I answer it. "Hello?"

"Hi, Mr.Winchester? "

"Yes that is me. What's happened?"

"Its your daughter.....she just passed away..... I'm very sorry..."

"I'll be there right away."

I shut off the phone. Tears start falling. "CAS!" I yell. Cas comes running up to me. He wipes away some tears. "What's wrong baby?" He asks wrapping me in a hug.

"My baby's gone.... Lilly's dead.... My baby's gone..." I kept repeating through my sobs.

"Come on Dean. Let's go say goodbye." Cas says walking me to the door.

"I'll drive baby. Don't want to crash." Cas says prying the keys from my hands.

Cas drives me to the hospital and we rush in. The doctor comes up to me and brings me to her room. Her body was cold and pail. I take her small limp hand in mine and her words fill my head. I'm in heaven daddy. With mommy and the angels. I'll watch over you daddy. I love you daddy.

I start to cry uncontrollably now. Cas is behind me hugging me from the back and kissing my neck.  I start singing 'hey Jude' to my dead baby. Mainly to try to calm me down but it makes no progress. It only makes me feel worse.

Cas rubs my arms and shoulders and says "come on baby. Let's go. It's been an hour."

Cas leads me out of the hospital. When we get home Cas brings me in my room.

We took our clothes off and went to bed.