Chapter 1 - Getting into Masters 8

"Lucario! G-max Aura Sphere!"

Lucario directed his aim and shot his huge aura sphere towards the giant in front of him.

Raihan had never seen things this absurd in his entire life. The size of the aura sphere could only be done when the Pokemon had Gigantimaxed. How come a regular Pokemon could do something like this? Is he a protagonist or something?

"Max Rockfall!" Raihan ordered his giant Duraludon to make his final G-max move, hopefully using the rock to knock out Lucario before Duraludon got knocked out by the gigantic Aura Sphere.

A big plane of rock appeared in front of the white giant and it started slowly slamming towards Lucario. It slammed the whole battlefield, but the Aura Sphere broke through and one-shot the giant. Duraludon was reduced to its regular size, with swirls in its eyes.

"Duraludon is unable to battle! The winner is Ash Ketchum!" the judge announced.

The crowd roared in happiness. Goh and his pokemon screamed for his best buddy Ash in the stadium.

Raihan took a deep breath and praised his pokemon for having a great fight, and then walked towards Ash, "That's an amazing battle! Well done, kid! Mind if we take a picture?"

Ash awkwardly smiled at Raihan's phone and was told to not lose any battles from this point out. Raihan patted Ash's head and walked away, accepting his defeat.

"With the final promotion match ended, here is the final version of the Masters 8 for the upcoming tournament," the commentator announced. One by one in descending order, the ranks of the Masters 8 contestants were revealed on the stadium screen.

"Rank 8, Champion of Alola, Ash Ketchum!"

Ash was so happy to see himself being part of the Masters 8. He pinched himself to see if it was a dream, but he did not wake up. He was finally one of the strongest trainers in the world! He could already call himself a Pokemon Master, a dream that he had wished to achieve for so long! In front of him, there is only one more thing to do: defeat the reigning champion, Leon!

Everyone else he saw on the screen was someone he knew and was Champion Level strength. He wished he could battle all of them in this tournament, but he knew The Pokemon Company would not allow that to happen.

"Since the contestants have been decided, we will divide them into 2 brackets right now. This year will continue last year's tradition, a random selection of trainers into 2 brackets for elimination. Let the selection begin!" the commentator pressed a red button, and the screen started to shuffle the contestants...

And the results were as follows.

"The first match will be Iris vs

"The first match will be Iris vs. Lance next week. The quarterfinals are 3x3, while the other matches would be 6v6. All these matches will be held in the Wyndon Stadium, the largest Pokemon stadium in the world. Tickets are available for sale online. See you all, and have a great night!" the commentator announced, as the crowd started to leave the stadium.

As Ash was leaving the stadium, a special message was sent to Ash's Rotom Phone, "As a contestant in the Masters 8, you are eligible to watch every match that you are not involved in the VIP room of the Wyndon Stadium."

"Great!" Ash smiled at Pikachu, "Now we can study how all my other opponents battle."

"Studying them? That doesn't sound like you," Goh smirked at his friend.

Ash was shocked to see him appear out of nowhere, "Everyone in the tournament is tough. They are all champions of their regions. Even Alain is tough: he was the one who beat me in the Kalos League Finals."

Ash got flashbacks of his Greninja battling Alain's Charizard. That was one powerful Charizard, definitely stronger than his own since he did not have the mega stone for it. He still could not forget how he and Greninja launched that golden water shuriken, but it still could not knock down the Charizard.

"It's okay," Goh said, "You are the second match in the tournament, you have time to practice. You can win this!"

Ash looked at his friend and took a deep breath, "Yeah, never give up till it's over! Let's get to training!"

-----------------------------------

Narrative: And so, Ash has finally squeezed into the Masters 8, and is recognized as the Champion of Alola. His next match would be against Alain, a rematch for both of them. Could Ash overcome Alain's Charizard? That's a story for another day.

-----------------------------------

A/N: Hello everyone! This is my first story, hope you enjoy it! Do you like my elimination chart? What would your chart look like? Feel free to leave some comments! If you want to see what's going to happen next, you can even smash the vote button. Maybe I will update faster if I see more stars haha.

As much as I wanted Ash to fight Alain in the semi-finals, or even the finals (which is reserved for Leon), I do not think this is very possible. I don't think Cynthia is anywhere weaker than Alain, and she could give Ash a tough match! But it is definitely possible that Ash vs. Alain is going to be more exciting than Ash vs. Cynthia. Maybe there will be surprises! (Author from the Future editing this chapter: I am disappointed)

As for the others, I think Iris can fight Lance, the dragon-type user just to show how much she has progressed as a Dragon Master. Cynthia and Leon could fight the rest, but since both would fight Ash, they have to be in different brackets. I really want to see Ash vs. Cynthia because she is the most charismatic, she has the most screen time in Journeys, and let's be honest, she is the strongest champion except for Leon. Ash should fight her to hype the crowd!

Some do not agree with the current Masters 8 contestants, but I think it makes a lot of sense. Considering that Iris is in the Masters 8, I think back then, Iris let Ash win to let him climb the ranks (remember Iris talked to Ash's Dragonite mid-fight to understand it and give it strength. If she is so serious about climbing ranks, she would not do that). If she is the champion of Unova, then she definitely has the strength to get into Masters 8. In terms of achievements, she is more appropriate than Paul. Tobias is a close call, but he does not have development whatsoever in the anime, so Alain should take his place.

For those who had not watched the recent episodes of Pokemon Journeys, I am sorry, but there may be spoilers in the story here and there. I don't make promises, I write this just for fun, but I will do my best to update when I have time. The future chapters may be longer to describe the battling scenes, but I will do my best not to make a chapter too long.