Chapter 9 - Aftermath

A/N: The comment section is working again!

------------------

"Emergency Report."

"This is Astronaut Jeremy speaking from the International Space Station, ISS. We have noticed a bright light in Wyndon City from space, followed by a blackout of the entire Galar Region. Emergency Support Teams from nearby regions, please consider supporting Galar. Here is the relevant footage we have collected for your reference. Thank you. Emergency Report ends."

Sophocles's Rotom Phone received this message directly from the ISS. He looked at the dark and lightless Stadium and thought to himself, "Is this beyond saving?"

Some workers did their best to provide limited light to the Stadium. When the lights were on, the crowd was in absolute shock.

The entire rooftop of the Wyndon Stadium had been blasted away. The two stadium screens had a major crack in them so they could no longer function. The VIP rooms by the rooftop had their glass panes shattered into pieces. Even though all of the audience was fine, they were all soaked in water. The battleground had sunk for around 500 meters, destroying all the nearby underground infrastructure. Only the entrance corridors for the battlers were left unscathed and not sunk.

There were two pokemon at the bottom of the battlefield, and both had fainted with swirls in their eyes. One was unknown, the other one was the judge's Aegislash. The judge also collapsed inside of the Kind Shield.

Misty felt the water all over her body, "So he has won...I know he would win."

"Please go and heal them up, Gardevoir," Diantha threw a Pokeball out of the broken VIP room window, and then touched her necklace, "Mega Evolve!"

Gardevoir popped out of the Pokeball and received the mega-evolution energy to transform into Mega Gardevoir. The mega-evolved pokemon glided down to where the judge was, and then placed her hands on both Aegislash and the judge. A warm purple Heal Pulse energy entered their body, as they slowly got up and recovered. They thanked Gardevoir for saving their lives. The judge also gave an extra thanks to Aegislash for using all its might to activate King Shield; otherwise, both would certainly die.

The judge turned on his torch and looked at the pokemon next to him. It was a regular yet fainted Charizard. Interestingly, the Charizardite X that was on its neck had vanished.

"Charizard is unable to battle!" the judge announced through his miraculously working mic, but then he also needed to see if Greninja was still able to battle. He commanded Aegislash to ride both him and Gardevoir up because he couldn't find Greninja on the sunken battlefield.

On one side of the entrance corridor, Alain was sent right back to the preparation room behind the entrance by the impact of the final clash, and it had knocked him out in the process. On the other side, Ash sat down in front of Lucario, who was pushing and supporting Ash. Lucario stopped glowing, and he did not evolve into Mega Lucario. Ash's keystone also stopped glowing. Greninja was seen reverting to its regular form and resting by the side of the corridor, with his eyes open.

Ash, Greninja, and Lucario were panting heavily. They had used up all their aura available for battle. All of them sweated heavily, and Ash's sweat had soaked all his clothes.

"Thank you, Greninja. Thank you, Lucario," Ash panted and had no more strength to stand up, "It's an amazing battle..."

The judge came by and noticed that Greninja was not yet knocked out, "Greninja is still able to battle. This means that Ash is the winner of the match!"

The crowd roared in excitement despite they were all soaked in water.