Chapter 14 - Cynthia vs. Diantha! The battle between the Queens

A/N: I have updated the previous chapter, where there is a scene of Ash and Serena taking the train from Wyndon to Hammerlock after they finished their scones in the shop. It's a scene that I realized was missing, but very much needed between these two. Go check that out, I think you amourshippers will love it.

-----------------------

Standing in front of Cynthia was a blue Glaceon. Floating in front of Diantha was a regular-sized Gourgeist. Both pokemon let out a roar to each other, ready for the battle.

"Let the battle begin!" the judge announced.

"Glaceon, use Hail," Cynthia placed her hand by her waist, being as calm and confident as ever, "Fill the place with snow."

"Gourgeist, use Trick or Treat on Glaceon," Diantha pushed her hand forward, ready to perform in front of the crowd. She planned that if Glaceon would turn into a ghost-type with Trick or Treat, then landing a ghost-type move on it would be super effective.

Glaceon roared, and a grey cloud covered the stadium, which then hailed snow and formed cold mists on the field, slightly damaging the Pumpkin pokemon. Due to the mists, the visibility of the battlefield significantly dropped. Meanwhile, a bunch of spirits dribbled their way through the ground and haunted Glaceon. The shadow of the Ice Eevee seemed to be infested by these spirits, but Glaceon was pretty much unfazed.

"Gourgeist, use Phantom Force," Diantha snapped her fingers, readying a barrage of super-effective attacks.

"Skate around," Cynthia nodded to her Glaceon.

"Skate around? What kind of move is that?" Serena asked Ash.

"It's not a move. Cynthia is planning to do something," Ash shook his head, very excited to see what was going to happen.

Trembling in cold, Gourgeist phased into the Shadow Realm. It tried to attack Glaceon from behind, but the snowing environment had prevented Gourgeist from locating the Eeveelution. When it came out from the Limbo to strike, it realized that Glaceon was gone.

Glaceon was skating around the field with its paws and hiding in the mist effectively. Gourgeist couldn't see it, but it could see Gourgeist. Glaceon could hit the pumpkin, but the pumpkin couldn't hit it. Gourgeist couldn't help but tremble in both cold and fear.

"Ice Beam," Cynthia suddenly pointed.

Glaceon quickly concentrated energy by its mouth, and a beam of ice was shot at Gourgeist, hitting it right in its face. The temperature was way too cold for the poor pumpkin to react.

"Gourgeist, look out!" Diantha yelled, but realized she was probably a bit too late. Her Gourgeist already took some huge damage due to the hail and the ice beam since ice-type attacks were super effective on it. She even realized that her commands were getting slower, since she was wearing short shorts, and her legs were numbed by the cold already.

Diantha trembled and took out her Pokeball to recall Gourgeist, "I should have worn some long pants like Cynthia. The cold is freezing my legs and my brain now. Gourgeist, return for now."

Out of Diantha's surprise, Cynthia also recalled her Glaceon, "Thank you for setting up the stage. You can battle again later."

"Both trainers, please send out your next pokemon in 3, 2, 1!" the judge announced.

"Claim the stage, Spiritomb!" Cynthia threw her Pokeball.

"Goodra, send a Fire Blast to the sky to clear the weather!" Diantha threw her Pokeball.

"Use Sucker Punch if that's the case," Cynthia heard Diantha's command and quickly reacted.

The two pokemon popped out of the Pokeball. Cynthia's Spiritomb immediately launched its spiritual body into the slimy Goodra. Goodra endured the damage like a boss, and immediately shot a blast of flames into the sky. The fire reacted with the icy cloud in the sky, finally ending the hail and stopping the snow.