Chapter 19 - Conclusion of the Quarterfinals

"Leon's Charizard is taken down! That's never before seen!" Clair watched the battle through live streaming with Lance sitting next to her.

"Guess we will have to train Iris a little bit harder," Lance nodded at his Hydreigon, "You ready for some extra training too, buddy?"

Hydreigon roared and shot a Dragon Pulse into the sky.

Meanwhile at the broken Hammerlock Stadium...

Brock analyzed, "It may seem that Steven has the edge in this battle. But he has used both Mega Aggron and Mega Metagross to take down G-max Charizard. Cradily could not mega-evolve, and if Leon wants, he can Gigantimax Rilaboom. This actually puts Steven at a disadvantage."

Max said, "But if Steven could take out Charizard like no one ever did before, I would say he already won. Plus, Leon only seems to be strong when he commands Charizard. He didn't do much with his Dragapult."

Lana shook her head, "He isn't the World Champion for no reason, Max. I believe there is more in him."

Rotom Dex calculated and spoke, "According to past records in the World Coronation Series, Steven battled Leon once before, also in the quarterfinals, but Steven lost by 1-3, only being able to knock out Leon's Inteleon. To say that Steven had a massive improvement wouldn't be an understatement dzzt..."

Dawn was surprised when the machine spoke, "Man, even I forgot you existed. You can talk?"

"What did you say dzzt?" Rotom Dex showed a pissed-off emoji on its screen.

"Of course, you even have emotions," Dawn shrugged, "I want a machine like this too...without the angry personality though."

Rotom Dex got even angrier since Dawn complained about its personality. The Dex turned completely red and steam could be seen emitting slowly from behind the Dex. Piplup saw this and thought that Rotom Dex was too hot, so he used Hydro Pump on Rotom Dex hoping to cool it down. The Alola gang gasped as Rotom Dex fell on the ground from the water seeping into the machine.

"I g...guess... I ha...ve to im...prove my water...proof tech...dzzt..." Rotom Dex spitted its last words before shutting down.

Mallow covered her mouth in fear, "Did...did you just kill...Rotom Dex?"

Both Dawn and Piplup sweatdropped, "I...I hope not..."

"This is unforgivable..." Lana's eyes disappeared as she held up her arm with the Z-ring on.

Sophocles placed his chubby arm in front of Lana to stop her from doing what he thought she was going to do, "I will fix that. The writer should drop this plot and focus on the battle instead," he picked up Rotom Dex and pulled out some gadgets to run some diagnosis.

"I'm sorry, Piplup didn't mean it," Dawn apologized, and Piplup bowed.

"It's alright, I just need some help," Sophocles said, "Clemont?"

"Let's see what you've got," Clemont headed to Sophocles's seat and the electric duo started fixing the Rotom Dex.

-------------

It took a while for the judge's Magnezone, Mustard's Urshifu, and Raihan's Duraludon to move the concrete bars away from the battlefield so that it would be safe for the two pokemon to battle again. The judge explicitly complained to Raihan about the safety of the Hammerlock Stadium, "We need to talk about this after this match."

Both Cradily and Rilaboom took their time to stretch their tentacles/limbs to get themselves warmed up for the battle. It was a battle between the two Grass types, and they were both ready for the final clash.