Chapter 7 - Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Charizard X!

"It's here! The black fire dragon is here!" the announcer yelled in excitement, "Alain is once again mega-evolving his Charizard!"

The crowd roared and cheered. A lot of them had seen Alain's previous Ultra Class battles: his Charizard had never fainted, and it was rare for Charizard to find the need to mega-evolve. Of course, this would be a blessing to the audience.

"This is a very well-trained Mega Charizard X!" Leon commented, "I would really love to have a battle with it!"

"His Mega Charizard X is very powerful," Diantha nodded, "Strong enough to hold its own even against legendary pokemon."

Steven added, "Yes. I remember our first time fighting against Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon, Alain's Mega Charizard X almost died from Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades. It probably could have died if he did not return it to his Pokeball. But the second time we faced the same pokemon, his Mega Charizard X was able to hold his own against Primal Groudon while my Mega Metagross fight Primal Kyogre. We were strong enough to hold on until Rayquaza came to the rescue. That's when I could tell his Charizard had improved a lot, and that's even before it uses its strongest form."

"What exactly is its strongest form?" even Leon was a bit impatient listening to the clues given by Steven, "How does it look like?"

"It's a form that it uses on top of its mega-evolution," Steven explained a bit, "There is a slight change in its appearance. But the most important thing is: when Alain used that on his Mega Charizard X, I could not see any chances that I could win against him anymore. It knocked out 3 of my strongest pokemon in our last 6v6 battle before Alain decided to return it and let his other pokemon battle. I could not find a way to knock it out at all. It's insanely strong!"

"It did not faint when it battled your pokemon?" Diantha asked.

Steven shook his head, "Maybe if I send out all 6 of my pokemon to battle it, it could have fainted, but I could never know. One thing I know: Alain is a Champion level trainer now, and I will admit, he is stronger than me with Charizard's new form."

"Charge!" Ash and Alain yelled.

The same thing happened like before they transformed

The same thing happened like before they transformed. Mega Charizard X's right Dragon Claw was clashing with Ash-Greninja's right-hand Cut, and a strong shockwave was created.

But this time, the entire Eternatus Net started to shake from the shockwave. That had never happened before. The Net was known to be strong enough to hold on against all kinds of attacks without shaking or vibrating. The only time a part of it broke was when Eternatus used its Dynamax Cannon to break out of Hammerlock Stadium. Is something going to happen?

The two pokemon were sent backwards from the forces of their clashes. Greninja quickly followed up by throwing a water shuriken at Charizard. The black fire dragon used Dragon Claw to slice the water shuriken in half, and quickly counterattacked using Flamethrower.