Chapter 26 - A Day at the Beach

After all the chaos in the last chapter, our hero Ash Ketchum and his girlfriend Serena finally arrived at the beach in Acapulco, Kanto, a tropical paradise known for its beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters. As teens, these two were so hyped to have some fun at the beach.

"We are here," Ash pointed at the beach, "Is it beautiful?"

"This place looks amazing!" Serena commented. She had never gone to the beach with Ash before, "The water is clear, the sand is fine, and there are enough people but not too many people."

"Wait until I bring you to Alola. The beaches over there are the best I have ever seen," Ash smiled.

"We should definitely do that after your tournament is done," Serena said.

Ash will have the long-awaited semi-finals match against Cynthia in a few days. Not only was she one of the most formidable champions in the league, but Ash also made a promise to himself in front of Dawn and Brock that he would be the one to defeat Cynthia someday. He was feeling nervous and unsure of himself, not knowing if he could keep his promise with his new Journeys team, despite being on a winning streak recently. But Serena was determined to help him relax and feel more confident before the match, especially after what had happened this morning.

The duo found a secluded spot on the beach and placed their belongings onto their beach mat. In particular, Serena put down the picnic basket with the Pokepuffs she had prepared this morning, because she knew Ash loved these desserts.

Serena removed her clothes and revealed her red swimsuit underneath.

Ash praised Serena's taste, "Wow! This suits you a lot, Serena. It has the same color scheme as your Delphox."

Serena blushed, "Thanks, Ash. I sewed the dress myself. What about your swimsuit?"

"I don't have one, or I don't really need one," Ash was only wearing his short swimming pants by now, which was his usual choice when he had fun in the Alola beaches, "Race you to the waters!"

Ash took the beach ball and immediately started running to the waters, leaving Serena behind.

"Wait up!" Serena chased after him.

They splashed water and threw the beach ball at each other, totally enjoying themselves under the bright blue sky. Ash felt as if he had just started his travels in Kanto with Misty and Brock, being so carefree and relaxed.

Serena was also enjoying her time, but what made her happier was that she saw Ash being so happy. She knew there was not a lot she could do for Ash since he was super powerful as a pokemon trainer, but battling was not her forte. The only things that she could do for him were to bake some good desserts for him, and tell him that it was time for him to relax.

"Come on, let's swim! There are a lot of pokemon down there!"

Ash held Serena's hand and dived into the sea. The two saw a lot of water-type pokemon like Magikarp, Goldeen, and Seel swimming around the ocean. Some of them tagged along with the two humans, and they were happy to let them join.