Chapter 12 - The Dinner

A martial arts session with Mimey was never boring because every pokemon could spar with each other. (And yes, they can spar with Ash too) After some regular physique training, Sirfetch'd sparred with Mimey and charged at the clown at a high speed with Meteor Assault. Mimey picked up a wooden stick on the ground and drew circles with it quickly to create an airstream, forcing the sword and Sirfetch'd towards Mimey. The barrier pokemon hit the duck's wing with its stick, forcing the sword off it, and used Focus Punch to deal massive damage to the duck.

Mimey waited for Sirfetch'd to fetch his sword, and did a series of gestures, suggesting Sirfetch'd try out the move it just did. It then charged in with its stick at a high speed. Sirfetch'd started swirling its sword, creating a similar whirlwind and forcing Mimey towards the knight. Sirfetch'd used his sword to knock out Mimey's stick and then slammed its shield right at Mimey's body, forcing the clown to roll away. Mimey approved Sirfetch'd newly-learned counter and called it a day since it's been more than an hour of training.

Ash wiped the sweat off his face after sparring with Infernape, "It's finally over. Better head home for some delicious dinner," he decided to rest all his pokemon at Oak's Lab so that even his Journeys team could enjoy their time mingling with his old captures.

"I'm home!" Ash entered his house and could immediately smell good food from the kitchen, "Mum, what do we have for tonight?"

"Go take a shower first, Ash. I don't want you to dirty the kitchen," Delia was teaching Serena how to make some of her dishes, "And remember to change your underwear."

Ash sighed and headed to the bathroom, "Mum, I will! You don't have to say this in front of my friends."

Delia said to Serena, "I am sorry if my boy has been giving you a lot of trouble. Would you please take good care of him for me?"

Serena giggled a bit and worked on her dish, "Ash is far from troublesome. In fact, he taught me a lot and made me realize my goals...He is a hero to me, and he has been taking care of me for so long. So if I can, I want to do something for him to return the favor."

"Hm, sounds like love to me. You are blushing really hard," from the way she yelled at Ash back in his previous match, up to now when she heard how she described Ash, Delia knew Serena was in love with her boy. This girl is so easy to read, "But I bet if Ash sees you like this, he would ask if the kitchen is too hot."

Serena wanted to confess that she had feelings for Ash, even after all these years. But even though she had the courage to admit it in front of her close friends, it's another level of difficulty to admit it in front of his mum. Yes, Delia is kind and all, but things can really go downhill if she couldn't pick the right words.

"Your dish smells good! You sure have some talents in cooking," Delia switched the topic and praised Serena's dish as she brought it out to the dining room, "I won't believe this is your first time cooking."

Serena blushed from the comment, "Well, I did bake a bit of PokePuffs and desserts during the travel in Kalos. I can make some after dinner. I see you have ingredients for them in the pantry."

"That's so sweet of you," Delia smiled, "I am glad I invited you over for dinner."

Ash opened the bathroom door in his sleeping attire, "The food smells so good, it makes me even hungrier."

Serena was still setting up the dining table, "You already finished showering? That's so fast!"

"I haven't been eating since forever. I'm starved to death," Ash rushed down to the dining table, "Here, let me help you."

Serena got a bit nervous when she handed him some plates. After so long, they were finally having dinner together again. And this time, it's at his house with his mum! She couldn't have expected this day to come so soon, and she was still nervous about confessing her love in front of Ash AND in front of Delia.