Chapter 20 - Confession

"Oh! Seems that our Pallet Town hero is back!" Professor Oak said hi to Ash and Serena in his lab, "Welcome back, Ash, and Serena too."

"Professor Oak," Ash greeted the old man, "My battle against Cynthia will happen in two weeks, so...I want to come back and get some training with my pokemon to get myself ready for the fight."

Professor Oak nodded, "That's great to hear! If you battle all the way up to be the World Champion, you will be the very best like no one ever was. Train all you need, I am glad to give help if you need any."

Ash thanked Professor Oak, and his stomach started to rumble.

He scratched his head, "I guess I would need some food to start things off."

The three laughed and joked about how typical that is for Ash.

At the same time, the door opened, and Delia arrived with some food she cooked earlier, "Ash! You are back already!"

"Yeah mum. I am back to train for the next battle," Ash took a sniff at the food his mum brought over, "The food smells really good! Are they for me? Can I eat them now?"

"I know your stomach is a black hole," Delia joked, "But the five of us share the lunch together, you know?"

Mimey set up the dining table and placed the dishes for everyone, including one for itself.

"Let's have some lunch before you start your training," Professor Oak suggested.

The five of them sat around the table and enjoyed the delicious lunch Delia cooked for them. You thought they would talk about Ash's training, but these mischievous adults had been teasing about Ash and Serena's strange relationship all the time.

Delia started, "After shouting at Ash at the Wyndon Stadium, everyone in the world knows that you are in love with my boy. Do you know that she loves you, son?"

Ash blushed really hard, "I...Mum! That's em...embarrassing!"

"She comes back to you years after you two traveled in Kalos," Professor Oak added, "And she is the only one who heads to Kanto with you, right now! If that's not true love, I don't know what is."

"Tell me, Ash. Do you love her? I can already imagine you two being a couple and having some wonderful kids in a sweet, sweet family," Delia imagined with hearts in her eyes.

"F...Family?" Serena was shocked, imagining her life with Ash and their kids.

"Yep," Professor Oak nodded, "Nothing is stronger than family!"

Ash sighed, "Okay, Professor Oak, you have to stop watching those car racing movies. It's taking up your brain."

Delia chipped in, "You don't turn your back on your family."

"Mum, you too!" Ash raised his voice a bit, before giving up and wolfing down his food, "Thanks for the treat. I am going to train now."

Ash hurried to the outdoor area where all his pokemon were as he thought to himself: Imagine Mum and Professor Oak being bald...even my Muk would look better than them.

Serena apologized for his behavior.

"Don't say sorry, Serena," Delia continued, "I am glad to see you support him and his goals. Be there for Ash when you have finished, I will clean up the table."

--------------------------

"Ash!" Serena walked to Ash. He was training very hard with his pokemon, ordering them to use different moves, and occasionally tanking the moves with his body.

Ash wiped the sweat off his face, "Serena...I'm sorry for...for what my mum and Professor Oak have been saying about you."

"No it's fine," Serena said and held his hands, "I am sure they are just joking."