Chapter 17 - Steven vs Leon! Evenly Matched!

Dragapult popped out in front of Leon, while Cradily appeared in front of Steven. They roared at each other to show their dominance.

Leon raised his hand, "Let's start things off in a Champion style! Dragapult, use Dragon Darts!"

Steven confidently commanded, "Cradily, use Power Whip!"

Dragapult roared and shot its two Dreepy children flying toward the Grass-type plant. Cradily saw Dreepy flying at it at high speed, so it started extending its tentacles and whipped them in random directions. Even though the Dreepy were maneuvering around quickly, they couldn't find an opening to hit Cradily since its tentacles were moving around in random directions. Cradily was busy learning and predicting the movements of the Dreepys. But it was enough to get Cradily distracted from Dragapult.

Leon knew that the strategy was working well, "Give pressure with Flamethrower!"

Steven instructed after listening to the command, "Block with Solar Beam!"

Dragapult fired a blast of flames toward Cradily, and the plant shot a green blast of energy at the flames, canceling out the moves and creating a lot of grey smoke to blur the visions of both pokemon and trainers.

Leon nodded, "Great, continue to assault with Dragon Darts!"

Steven knew very well that the two annoying Dreepys would be a great problem to deal with. Leon was essentially battling with three pokemon while Steven was battling with just one. If he didn't try to disable the Dreepys, Cradily would be out in no time, "Cradily, back away from the smoke to get a clear view."

Cradily crawled backward to Steven slowly due to its strange body structure. When it got out of the smoke, it immediately saw the two Dreepys trying to ambush it by dashing into the plant.

"Grab them!" Steven clenched his fists.

The Dreepys were fast, but they were not faster than the tentacles at close range, especially after Cradily learned how they fly after just one exchange of move. Cradily grabbed the Dreepys with its tentacles out of their surprise, as the babies tried to break free from the restraints.

On the other side of the battlefield, even though Dragapult and Leon couldn't see what happened inside the smoke, they were confident enough to trust that the Dreepys would do their job on Cradily.

"Confuse Ray!" Steven yelled.

Cradily put the two restrained Dreepys by its mouth and shot a pale purple beam of light at them. Their eyes turned from yellow to dark purple, as they calmed down and floated on the left and right of Cradily after the plant released them. Cradily roared, totally ready to take on Dragapult with the Dreepys on his side.

Hearing Cradily's scream, Leon guessed that the plant would probably be down in one move. He nodded at Dragapult, "Take it down with Dragon Rush!"

As the smoke started to die down, Dragapult gathered draconic energy all around its body and dashed towards Cradily.

"Use Power Whip on Dragapult!" Steven pushed his hands forward.

The confused Dreepys took the lead and charged at their parents while the whips extended from behind them. When Dragapult saw that its two children were charging at itself, the three dragons had already crashed into each other. The impact had knocked out the two Dreepys immediately since they were just babies. Dragapult stopped in its tracks, being totally in shock that it took out its own children.

Yet the surprise was short-lived, as Cradily's whips grabbed Dragapult's tail, and Cradily started spinning the ghost dragon up in the air like a cowboy, before deciding to slam it down onto the floor, heavily damaging Dragapult.