Chapter 18 - Gigantimax vs. Mega Evolution!

Metagross stood on all fours in front of Steven and roared. Charizard slashed its claws and roared in return.

Ash's eyes turned into stars, "This is amazing! Their two aces are coming out already!"

Lillie asked, "The two aces?"

Ash nodded, "Yeah, Steven's Metagross can mega-evolve. I remember him using that when Kalos was under the threat from Team Flare."

Serena nodded, "It's got to be his ace if Alain lost to him 9 times out of 10."

"But it's Leon we are talking about," Sophocles added, "He has been winning and undefeated for so many matches. Does Steven even have a chance?"

"I will say whoever comes, Ash can still win it, isn't it?" Mallow smiled at Ash.

Ash chuckled, "Stop it. You are making me nervous."

"It's Champion Time!" Leon pushed his hand forward, "Charizard, use Flamethrower, let's go!"

"Psychokinesis!" Steven pointed at Charizard calmly.

Charizard shot a strong blast of flames at Metagross. Metagross's eyes turned purple as it controlled the flames to make them surround the metal pokemon before redirecting them back to Charizard. The fire dragon was surprised that the flames were shot back at it, so it quickly flew around the stadium to try to avoid the flames. The homing ability of the flames was high, as it followed Charizard tightly while it flew.

"Leverage the momentum and use Dragon Claw!" Leon commanded.

Charizard placed its claws backward to let them get attacked by the flames. The flames powered up Charizard's green claws, as the fire dragon dashed toward Metagross at a high speed.

"Agility!" Steven nodded at Metagross.

Metagross flickered aside just before Charizard could hit it with its fire dragon claws, causing the already cracked ground to produce even more debris. Charizard immediately attempted to slash its fire dragon claws at Metagross again and again, but the attacks were dodged by the highly intelligent Metagross with Agility repeatedly.

Leon thought if short-ranged attacks couldn't work, maybe long-ranged attacks could, "Charizard, pull off the distance and use Ancient Power!"

The fire dragon immediately backed away and hurled the rocks that were produced during the previous combats at Metagross.

"Fly to the sky to avoid the rocks!" Steven commanded.

Metagross levitated high up into the sky and tried its best to avoid the rocks that were quickly homing at it.

"Now use Psychic!" Steven pushed his hand.

Metagross's eyes turned purple again, as the homing rocks surrounded the metal pokemon like a ring, and then they were shot at Charizard from different directions.

"The same move won't work on us twice! Charizard, use Dragon Claw to crush all the rocks!" Leon yelled.

"Now! Use Meteor Mash!" Steven pointed at Charizard.

Charizard got its green claws ready and frantically swiped at all the rocks and debris directed at it. Metagross grabbed the opportunity when Charizard was busy dealing with the rocks to charge up steel energy around its body and dashed at Charizard at supersonic speed. Metagross violently slammed its two metal claws at Charizard, who somehow managed to counter the move with its already active dragon claws. The four claws clashed with each other, sending the two pokemon back into the Eternatus Net and they started to fall from height.