Chapter 15 - Diantha's Mega Gardevoir

Gardevoir popped out of her Pokeball and stood like a graceful lady in front of Diantha. Glaceon once again prepared itself in front of Cynthia.

"Be careful, Glaceon. Gardevoir is strong," Cynthia nodded at Glaceon, acknowledging the strength of Diantha's ace. She did think about having Spiritomb use Destiny Bond to take out Gardevoir in one hit so that she could hide her Togekiss from her fellow Champions. However, she wanted to experience a heated and exciting battle against Diantha's ace Gardevoir. It would be boring to take her out in one move. It would also be beneficial to hide her Destiny Bond trick until the semi-finals or even the finals.

"That means a lot from you, Cynthia," Diantha smiled and took a deep breath. It always gives Diantha more confidence when she could battle together with her ace, "We shall not disappoint you."

"I look forward to your performance," Cynthia smiled at Diantha. She was glad to see Diantha using her full strength once again.

"Battle resumes!" the judge announced.

"Let's do this, Gardevoir! Mega Evolve!" Diantha touched her necklace, which contained a keystone to mega-evolve her Gardevoir.

A strong current of energy blasted from the keystone to Gardevoir, powering up her ace and transforming her body.

"Use Hail and hide in the snow again," Cynthia pushed her hand forward. By having her Glaceon hiding in the hail, Cynthia believed that Glaceon could ambush Gardevoir and avoid her annoying Psychokinesis altogether. Plus, it could even impair Diantha's analysis by "freezing" her brain with the cold once again.

The battlefield started to snow again, and Glaceon was nowhere to be seen. However, Diantha and Gardevoir were not scared. They closed their eyes and concentrated, and were able to locate Glaceon by sensing the battlefield with the mind.

Still closing her eyes, Diantha pointed to her left, "Psychokinesis!"

Glaceon was suddenly lifted up by psychic energy, which coated Glaceon in purple. The Eeveelution was surprised that Gardevoir could see where it was, as it tried to find footing in mid-air to escape the psychic bind. This had also weakened the hail effects, allowing Diantha, Gardevoir, and everyone else to see where Glaceon was.

"Don't panic, Glaceon. You can still use your mouth," even though she did not expect Gardevoir could find Glaceon in the snow, Cynthia was calm as ever, "Use Ice Beam."

"Checkmate!" Diantha spun and pointed at Cynthia.

Gardevoir turned her hands a bit, and Glaceon was seen facing Cynthia in mid-air. If Glaceon shot Ice Beam, it would hit Cynthia instead. Glaceon immediately canceled its Ice Beam to avoid harming its master.

"Don't worry. Shoot at me," Cynthia nodded at Glaceon.

"Shoot at her? What is she thinking?" Diantha thought to herself.

Glaceon hesitated but still executed the order. In mid-air, it shot the Ice Beam at Cynthia. Because the attack was aimed at the owner of the pokemon, instead of the opposing trainer, this didn't count as a violation of the rules.

Ash and his friends all stood up in shock. None of them believed that Glaceon really dared to attack its own trainer.

But then Cynthia smirked and raised her right hand to reveal a gadget on her wrist. The Ice Beam hit the gadget and the beam redirected the aim towards Gardevoir, successfully surprising the Psychic-type and effectively hitting her.

"What?" everyone in the VIP room stood up and walked towards the glass to get a clearer view of what was going on. They saw the Ice Beam get reflected by something, and then it landed on Gardevoir.