Chapter 7

"Have you heard? That sounds terrible!"

"I know, I wonder what the management has to say about this?"

"Such innocent child... will it happen again? The incident?"

"A repeat of the past? I hope not."

"I'll pass in my resignation if it's true, I'm not willing to work in a hostile place."

"What if there's a murderer in the Pizzaplex? I'm not ready to die! I'm still single!"

"Stop worrying about your romance and start worrying for your life!"

The quiet conversation from a group of employees were heard, as one of them shuddered at the thought of what could happen if they continue to stay here and work the aforementioned shifts.

You were called in work rather early, 9:00 PM to be exact. You pondered on why you are called in this late, you heard about the ushered words of other employees but you never gave it any interest. Gossips were never your thing, and people gossiping about nonsensical issues are not worth your time.

But things changed when they saw you, they immediately gave way for you to enter the management office, all of them silent, none of them looking at you.

Now, you find that very strange, they would normally be huddled up or greeting you, but their actions today? Looks like there is something you're not informed of.

You knocked twice, waiting for a few seconds before a voice spoke. "Come in." and you did.

You shut the door behind you, looking around the office. "You called me, sir?" you spoke, seeing the complexion of your boss. He looked like as if he has a big problem, that he is solving or bearing something that is hard to comprehend. The reason to that, you don't know, it got you concerned as well.