Chapter 12

You released a big yawn as you stretched your arms and limbs. It was already your day shift but you feel like you wanted to sleep in a little more.

Now, you can't help but wonder if your choice of taking both shifts consecutively was a good idea. But hey, probably a cup of coffee and a slice of pizza might just bring you back to your energetic mood?

Surprisingly, your Boss is not in the office, is he on leave? If so, should you just clock in yourself without taking anymore extra instructions from him? It doesn't matter, he probably knows it already.

"(Y/n)? Didn't you take the night shift? Why are you here?" the surprised voice of your best friend broke you out of your thoughts. You turned to face her, Rose, was standing by the entrance, a few inches to a few feet away from you.

"We're getting a bit short-staffed right now. The Boss asked if I can take over the shift." You explained, crossing your arms while preparing yourself mentally to what raging scolding which you might receive from her.

"Are you alright? I think you need to visit a doctor; you're being crazy now." She clicked her tongue and shook her head.

"I'm fine, Rose. Besides, more pay for me. I already had a nap previously, so, don't worry about me. You on the other hand, why are you here?" you questioned, looking around to see if she has any companions. Not that she ever had, she never brought anyone with her whenever she comes to the Pizzaplex.

"I'm on my break, shift starts by lunchtime. I thought, it might be nice to have some breakfast here first. But I didn't expect that you'd take the day shift." Rose commented, shifting her weight from one leg to another.

"Well, go ahead then. I still need to roam around and probably cuss at misbehaving kids." You humored, earning a smile from your friend.

"Sure, sure... don't push yourself too hard, alright?" she reminded you before she walked forward, using the pass she bought earlier to get passed the turnstiles.

Rose... she's not really a fan of the animatronics. The most that she likes is the food in his place, the Pizzaplex is like a gigantic food court that serves numerous snacks and drinks that fits anyone's choosing. You got to admit, the food is pretty awesome here too.

You stood there for a moment, checking your tablet for any tasks assigned to you. Help kids around the Pizzaplex and ensure no one goes missing. Sounds pretty complicated for someone like you. The place is so big and wide, especially, with kids who has energy as high as the Eiffel tower, you're most likely going to end up haggard.

You shook your head and strapped your tablet in a holder by your belt. Your flashlight and taser strapped there as well, just in case. You didn't waste any more time as you headed to an area where an employee module was and clocked in for your shift. Your flashlight was in full battery by now, not that you will need it in this shift.

Lights of various colors, music that blasted through the distant speakers was evident as cheers and laughter of children, accompanied by chattering of parents, are audible as you walked in the Main Lobby. You headed down Rockstar Row to see if the animatronics are ready for the day, like they should be.

There were many customers here already, most kids are flooding the windows of the greenrooms to try and get the attention of the animatronics, while parents are standing nearby, either telling their kids to behave or tell them to not roam too far.