Chapter 31

"(Y/N), where are you going?!" still, Sunny was left unheard, for the tenth time where the world can no longer count in pity.

The metallic steps of the staircase came to an end when you arrived at a somewhat familiar place, the catwalks above Monty's Gator Golf. The atmosphere was somewhat menacing, it was slightly dark too. The metallic platforms were resembling somewhat of a maze with shooting machines in various areas, and of course, the infamous hurricane bucket which held hundreds to thousands of plastic balls meant for play.

You took a few steps forward while glancing around the area. "Where are you?!—show yourself!" you shouted to specifically nothing but the air around the vicinity, having no utter idea on where the enemy could be.

But instead of a response that you intended on hearing, a sudden crash made you jump out of your wits as the metallic staircase leading to where you are now was destroyed, disabling you from ever leaving the platform you loathed.

And the perpetrator who destroyed the only escape route you had was none other than the green animatronic whom you tried to avoid but was there for you.

Montgomery Gator...

Your breath was trapped inside your throat, the very thought of having to deal with something almost twice your height greatly brought fear to creep within your very skin.

You took a few steps back because of it, with Sunny taking slow yet cautious steps as well, waiting for your next movements, as he himself is also surprised yet at the same time, he is not.

The menacing green animatronic was in a stance, like a predator haunting its prey. His sharp claws flexed to utter the sense of superiority while enticing fear towards those up front. "Well, well, well. It seems that I didn't need to look for you at all, as you came right here to me instead." He spoke, his reptile tongue slithering like how snakes would. His predator-like motions gave you a clear indication that this isn't the Monty you knew.

The hostility he showed was reflected clearly on the subtle glow which emitted from behind his dark shades, a hue of purple, a certain hue which you now came to loath, was evident.

"Leave us alone." You spoke with false confidence, narrowing your eyes as you supposed that this was meant to be a trap. The only exit is unusable and getting out would not be easy.

There may not be another route out...

The alligator did not responded, but it was clear that he is at the epitome of attacking. But that was severed when Sunny took the first move, clenching at some sort of tennis ball that he so happened to pick up in boredom and threw it straight at the animatronic's face on the clear motion of adverting its attention. "Run!" shouted the skinny animatronic when Monty roared, clearly displeased.

You scrambled to gain control of your own body as you took a few steps backward and did as told.

Run.

The sound of your heels clanking against the metallic platform as well as your haggard breathing was audible. You ran just as far as you could, even though you knew that the animatronic would then again catch you either way.