Chapter 9

"Thanks for coming to work rather early, (Y/n), we're getting... short staffed due to the missing child incident. Is there still no clue as to what happened to them?" your boss asked, he was talking to you while he went in his merry way to the main entrance. It was around 10 PM by then, it was a surprise that almost all employees are already out by then.

It was earlier this morning when numerous staffs had given their resignation letters, all with the same purpose of minding their own safety first. Most knew what happened before, although, there were many versions of them. Some said that the only one who knows the real story is Freddy, but being sentient has their ways, they managed to hide the information of the memory of that night from the technicians. So, all the words that are circulating are nothing but rumors of different versions, none actually knowing what was really the fact that occurred. No one mentioned about it since it's kind of a taboo topic in the Pizzaplex. But people are resigning from their jobs because of this, it's starting to become concerning.

"Of course, it's better than laying around with nothing to do than wait for my shift." You replied, stopping by the entrance itself.

"I hope you can come as early as this in all your shifts. Although, I hope that you won't let the rumors get to you, they're just baseless rumors. I'm sure that things will get better soon." He mentioned, bidding you farewell as he left the building from the main entrance.

You could only smile and wave back for a moment before releasing a sigh. You took your keys and decided to lock up early. Vanessa should already be here, since she was known to always come three hours early from her official shift. Is Vanessa like you too? Bored at home with nothing to do?

If so, then you and her had a lot in common, how come she's still asking you to quit the job sometimes?

You'll never understand her. Perhaps, she has some personal issues like trust.

Many employees have mentioned that Vanessa was the only attending night guard during that one night of a certain incident. But then again, even if you ask her, she wouldn't tell you anything. When the boss asked her, she said she doesn't remember anything.

After locking the barriers shut, you turned to gaze over at the Main Lobby of the Pizzaplex. The lights are still bright, music still played over the speakers. It has yet to reach midnight, so, night time protocols are not yet initiated. Not that it concerns you in any way, as long as no one comes knocking on the barriers, everything should go swell.

'(Y/n)... come...'

"God damnit!" you nearly shouted in the empty area when you heard it. That voice, it just won't leave you alone!

You gritted your teeth and walked forward, hearing the voice repeating as you walked, the voice was getting louder and louder as you neared Rockstar Row.

You tried to ignore the voice while checking in on the animatronics. It seems that they are charging since the door to the back is opened, and everything seems quiet.

'(Y/n)... come here...' you winced when hearing it yet again, it was louder, and more annoying than usual.