Chapter 19

"Didn't know you had it in you, Freddy!" Chica chirped; her artificial blush evident in her smile.

The animatronics let you go after sometime, since you still had your tasks to attend to during the night shift. As much as you enjoyed Freddy's company, you still need to keep in mind as to why they're paying you in the first place.

That's right, work.

With your presence missing in the area, Freddy was approached by his gang briefly soon after. With Chica asking questions that Freddy couldn't quite comprehend, him? Flirting? No, that doesn't sound appropriate.

"I simply practiced my songs, nothing more. From time to time, teenage girls' requests for acoustic songs, I couldn't dare say no. Therefore, best I practice beforehand." He reasoned, one of his famous, well-thought reasons in case questions such as this arises.

But this is getting ridiculous.

"Pft, excuses. You're obviously flirting." Monty commended; he was facing away though the evident sensation of his teasing demeanor was showing.

"Flirting? Preposterous." The brown bear commented, brushing off the idea when he himself felt his servos heating up. His fans must've detected the heating of his systems, his fans were spinning like haywire!

"Our sentience is also called 'preposterous' by humans. So, what's the difference?" Roxy spoke, mimicking a bland yawn like how humans do.

The brown bear could only cross his arms and shake his head briefly. "This is different. We're robotic machineries that acts upon our programming protocol. Being nice to others is also included in our protocol, needless to say, we shouldn't see malice nor ulterior motives in our acts. More or less, they're humans, and we are not. It's not right." He explained, remembering the said protocol as mentioned before, which is also situated to be implanted in their programming threads.

Programming is vast and complex, it's only a miracle that they've gained sentience, thanks to their current A.I.

"Right, let's go with that. We're not going to judge you, Fred. All we want is for you to be both happy and protected. I'm happy that you finally moved on from Gregory's incident and began communicating with the security guards, but keep your guard up, just in case. We don't know what lies beneath this place, with children disappearing once again." Monty reminded, knowing that although the jolly atmosphere might change at the mention of both Gregory and the missing kids, it has to be mentioned.

Just as mentioned, the atmosphere became quiet, with both girls adverting their gaze from the males for the meantime. The mention of Gregory, nor any kid for the matter, will just render silence among the group.

Freddy lifted his gaze slightly to meet eye-to-eye with Monty. "I understand, in regards to the missing children incidents, hopefully. The security guards are continuing their investigations to find the cause. Whether the children are trapped in the building after hours, or they went missing elsewhere, they will soon be found. I just hope that these incidents are not linked to the ones with Gregory and Vanny..." he breathed out, metaphorically, remembering that very night which plagued his trust with bitter cold.