Chapter 10

"Thanks for your help the other night, (Y/n), I already found someone to maintain the daycare now. You don't have to worry about the daycare attendant." Your Boss mentioned, smiling over at you despite the darkening circles underneath his eyes.

"Of course... it's my job..." you trailed off, giving a wry smile that you hoped was convincing at the very least.

Last night, nothing eventful occurred. It made you question at first, as you did not run into Freddy or any of the animatronics during the rest of your shift. You were slightly absent-minded during that time, almost tripping off the sign bots as your mind was occupied with what Vanny just showed you.

She told you to come back tonight, right? Maybe, there's something else she'll tell you.

You did some research earlier this morning too, before you went on your shift. It seems that the media, or the company—rather, had buried the information for so long that none of what you read in that newspaper article appeared on the internet. Only theories from random people and investigatory documentaries from YouTube. But in the end, the information which you've attained was not revealed to the public, it seems.

If so, what else is the company hiding from the public? Is there anything that you should be aware of? Like are the animatronics really capable of killing? Since many suspected that the perpetrator of these child disappearances and murders is also a robotics expert. If the perpetrator is as smart and witty as others described, then, it will be most likely that the animatronics are tampered to do the inhumane bidding of that person.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, you can start your shift anytime. Most employees will be out of the building an hour before closing." He reminded you before he turned around and took his leave, heading straight to the exit of the building.

You watched his retreating form before you took your own leave to the security office. On your way there, you could feel eyes watching you, it was eerie, sending shivers up your spine but you ignored it, for now. There are still many employees around, it could be possible that the eyes belong to random employees.

Upon sitting on the swivel chair on the security office, you checked the cameras. Nothing out of the ordinary, once again. Employees of various positions are leaving the Pizzaplex quite early, almost alongside the rest of the leftover customers in the building. You could've just stayed in the office to wait for the shift to officially begin but watching them through the cameras is kind of bugging you out.

Again, the thoughts of what happened in the old Pizza Place was bugging you out.

As it was still an hour early for your shift, you took your flashlight and tablet with you before leaving the office. You wanted to meet with Vanny early, so that you could try to focus on your shift even for the slightest bit before others begin in looking at you wryly.

You strapped your things in your belt and walked out of the area, occasionally greeting some employees here and there but once again, the staring made you pause for a moment.

You turned to look behind you, the source of the staring from behind. Only to find Roxy and Chica there, they seemed to be talking but their eyes are fixated in your direction. You could only wave for a moment, of course, not really expecting a reply as usual.