Chapter 21

Three days passed after that event, and nothing suspicious seemed to arise.

Freddy often met up with you, he would spend time and accompany you while you still have no idea of where the next part is. You lost track of how many you got, three? Four? You don't really remember.

The workloads passed onto you became quite heavy, the news of the newly recruits will come soon enough when the contracts are signed. Freddy often helps you in your tasks, may it be a routine check-up or maintenance work, Freddy is there to aid. Given his authority and knowledge in mechanical maintenance, half your workload was often in the hands of Freddy. You would've felt guilty, since it's basically your job and not his, but it is entirely impossible to convince the stubborn animatronic.

His presence somehow makes you smile, you feel warm inside whenever he's nearby. He's different from the Freddy you met in the first place, he was more welcoming to you. Honestly, you are well aware that out of all the staffs in this facility, you're the only exception that Freddy considers, causing him to be much comfortable when near you.

Honestly, it gave you this warm feeling that scorched your heart alongside a million of butterflies touching every inch deep inside of you, the feeling of shuddering whenever you hear his robotic yet smooth voice. Sometimes, you found yourself entering the Pizzaplex even if you're not on duty, just so you could see and listen to Freddy's voice.

Love? Is that what they call it? you wouldn't know, you love your little brother, you also love your parents. But this feeling is different, it is much more complicated than the love for friends and family. What do you know? You've been studying and working for as long as you can remember that love never once crossed your mind. The romantic feeling that lightens the aura with hearts, you could only witness it on others, or in front of the television when watching some romantic soap opera on channels.

You never been in a relationship before. Sure, numerous males have asked you out since high school, but not a single one of them did you give a chance. That was because you found no interest in them at all, but Freddy? You found yourself always at awe. The cheers of the crowd often silenced when your eyes met his, and only his voice can you hear amidst the mixture of cheers, squeals and chattering.

Tonight, is one of the numerous nights where you and Freddy spend the time with each other. All of your tasks are finished, and the rest of the animatronics agreed to help in scouting the area. The free time in your hands was unformidable, it became more of a hobby than a job. Being in the Pizzaplex only brought more joy than you could ever experience. But what pity it is when you can't place your full trust upon Freddy. As much as you would always love to be by his side, to enjoy his welcoming company, there is still a voice at the very back of your head, numerously reminding you of such things that you needed to keep in mind of.

Yes, you still don't know if trusting Freddy would be the best decision. Ever since you began following the voice in your head, no more child disappearances occurred. However, the previous cases were still left unsolved, children were still not found. But it is better than the instances of new cases being opened, better than more kids disappearing.

Could this really have something to do with that old, raspy voice in your head? Could it really be as Vanessa told you?