06 | contact

Grayson 'Ace' Valentine III
[ sun, nov 6th ...minutes earlier ]
The Purple Lounge - Nightclub

A small group of women surrounded the two men at the bar

A small group of women surrounded the two men at the bar. Ace had let Phoenyx drag him around the city all day, and now they were at The Purple Lounge; a cozy hotspot.

Phoenyx had a woman under each arm, while the rest of them fought for Ace's attention.

"Why you always look so mean?" A woman with cornrow extensions asked, her voice purring above the soft music.

She was proving to be the boldest.

She pressed her hourglass body against him and rubbed his beard, while Ace's strong hand palmed the curve of her ass.

He shrugged, "Thought you liked that shit?"

"You know what else I like?" She smiled.

Ace put his finger to his ear, "Nah, tell me."

"I wanna thank y'all for coming out..."

His attention diverted to the owner on stage speaking into a mic.

"I can show you better," the girl gripped on Ace's arm, looking up at him through her eyelashes.

"We've got one more singer tonight..."

"Oh yeah?" Ace raised his eyebrows as she started to pull him in the direction of the exit.

He would have followed her out if it wasn't for the next thing he heard through the speakers.

"Give it up for Zo!"

My Zo?

Ace's head snapped toward the spotlight. He watched closely as someone walked onto the stage, and was completely caught off guard.

At first glance, he thought the name was a coincidence; the woman up there had short hair instead of braids.

But when she faced the crowd, the smile confirmed it.

It was small and tight lipped, but enough to show the deep set craters in her cheeks that Ace knew were her dimples.

The white dress she wore had delicate thin straps, gravity defying cleavage, and wrapped around her slim thick figure typically hidden in her uniform.

"Damn," he muttered to himself.

"Ayo," Phoenyx whispered. "Ain't that shorty with the right hook?"

Ace nodded and bit his lip with his eyes glued to her. Her absence at the café today hadn't bothered him, but seeing her now made him feel some type of relief.

And other things.

It was easy for anyone to be physically drawn to Zolina. Ace could admit that her looks stunned him; they pulled him out of his way to a coffee spot just for iced coffee, and a chance to let his eyes fall on her.