32 | ground zero

Grayson 'Ace' Valentine III
[ mon, jan 24th 3:33 AM ]
Vertex Condos

Laying wide awake, Ace watched the smoke from his blunt float to the ceiling

Laying wide awake, Ace watched the smoke from his blunt float to the ceiling. He sighed heavily and massaged his temples to relieve some of the pressure from his headache.

It was his third night of no sleep; three nights since Zolina dropped a bomb on him.

She fuckin' loves me. Me?

This time around, he tried to handle her with more care. Instead of disappearing, he admitted that he needed some time to think about everything.

But even with all of those hours alone, he still didn't know what to do. His feelings were strong, but did he love her, too? Could he love her in the way that she needed to be loved?

What he did know for certain was that he missed her. Badly. That time apart did nothing but hurt them both.

Maybe that was the problem? Maybe it wasn't healthy how attached they became, and so quickly.

It might be an easy solve for others, but Ace had gone from never experiencing intimacy before, to having one person completely consume his mind.

A part of him wished that he could go back in time and tweak a few of their interactions, to possibly create a different type of relationship.

But the other part of him— the main part —didn't regret a single thing.

XXX

[ 2:32 PM ]
Spade Realty

After getting a little over an hour of rest, Ace barricaded himself in his office at Spade Realty

After getting a little over an hour of rest, Ace barricaded himself in his office at Spade Realty. He read over the paperwork for all of his properties, recounted the money in his safe, and reorganized his cabinets so that the files were in alphabetical order.

The work was tedious and unnecessary, but he was trying to keep his mind busy.

Later that day, Demetrius sat in the leather chair across from his desk, while the two shared a blunt and waited for Phoenyx and Lucas to arrive.