19 | anomaly

𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚢
\𝚞𝚑-𝙽𝙰𝙷-𝚖𝚞𝚑-𝚕𝚎𝚎\:
𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚞𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚕, 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝.

Grayson 'Ace' Valentine III
[ thurs, nov 24th, 🦃 10:05 PM ]
The Valentine Residence

"Happy Thanksgiving, family!" The man cheered, looking from face to face and lingering on Zolina's a bit too long for Ace's liking

Strike one.

"Garrett?" Estelle looked at him with confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"I need a reason to visit?" He raised an eyebrow. "I heard my lil' bro was away, so I just wanted to check in. Gwenny! Grant! How are y'all?"

"Hi, Uncle Garrett." They said in unison with small scowls on their faces.

Phoenyx scoffed loudly while Ace continued to remain silent, his eyes trained on his uncle.

Garrett Valentine was his father's older brother, but they could have easily been twins. He was also the least liked in the family— on both sides.

Though his uncle was the more arrogant and outspoken one out of the two, Ace was certain that the way they viewed things was the same — including how they treated their wives.

"Wussup, Lil' Gray? I ain't seen you in a while. I was starting to forget you were even still part of the family."

Garrett smirked at Ace who just stood there blank faced, pretending that this man didn't exist.

"Garrett." Estelle intervened. "If you came for dinner, we actually just finished. But I can pack you a plate."

"Yeah, yeah. That's cool, Essie." Garrett turned his mischievous hazels back to Zolina, who now looked uncomfortable. "Who's this beautiful woman?"

Strike two.

"That don't concern you." Ace wrapped both arms around her, making Garrett chuckle.

Estelle sighed, "Gwendolyn, why don't you and Grant go upstairs?"

Gwendolyn obeyed her mother's request, making eye contact with Ace and Phoenyx before disappearing with her younger brother.

Ace licked his lips angrily as he watched his uncle continue to look at Zolina from head to toe. He moved her to stand behind him, and Phoenyx put his arm around her shoulder protectively.

"Damn, nephew." Garrett raised his hands. "I ain't gonna take her from you, just wanna know her name."

"Tread lightly." Ace gritted. "I ain't said more than a few words to you outta respect for my mom's crib."