26 | breach of contract

Zolina 'Zo' Smith
[ mon, dec 26th 7:13 AM ]
Vertex Condos

A crack of thunder briefly interrupted the sound of heavy rain that showered the room

A crack of thunder briefly interrupted the sound of heavy rain that showered the room. Zolina laid awake with a shirtless Ace behind her; his arms wrapped around her waist, and face in her neck as he slept.

Her thoughts ran rampant, still on cloud nine from what happened last night. It was by far the best Christmas that she's ever had. Long-term goals that she set for herself, kept changing into short-term ones with Ace around.

He bought me a fucking art gallery.

Everything that he had been doing for her; the favours, the gifts, the cash. The 'dates' that were never actually declared as dates.

All of those things could arguably be considered as 'friendly' gestures, but this— an entire gallery, had to mean something more.

He has to have some type of feelings for me.

Right?

- - -

Flashback
[ sun, dec 25th, 🎄 ...last night ]
Vertex Condos

"How the fuck did you burn the turkey?" Trinity examined the burnt bird on top of the stove. "I didn't even know you could burn turkey like that."

"Turkey is like a foreign bird to me." Miracle crossed her arms. "I'm a grill goddess, I rarely do white meat."

"Shit, you doing some white meat now though." Trinity sneered, making her sister gasp.

From the other side of the kitchen, Phoenyx hunched over with laughter, along with Ace. Lucas looked down at the counter as his cheeks and ears turned a light shade of red.

"Oh my gosh." Miracle covered her face, equally embarrassed.

"All jokes aside, I might of put the timer on for too long." Zolina admitted. "This egg nog has me on a different level."

"So we choppin' up all these vegetables and shit for no reason?" Ace stepped away from the cutting board.

Lucas sniffed and untied his apron, "Over here crying over some fucking onions."

"Nah, we goin' to watch the game. Sorry, ladies." Phoenyx left the kitchen to join Demetrius, who gave up on cooking before they even started.

"Umm, so what are we gonna eat?" Miracle asked.

Ace walked over to Zolina and put a wad of cash in her hands, "Aunt May's? Order whatever y'all want. Keep the rest."

"What?" She looked down at the bills. "But this is like five hundr—"