11 | reality

Zolina 'Zo' Smith
[ fri, nov 18th 3:11 PM ]
Two Sugars - Café

Zolina didn't know where she grew the balls to initiate what had happened last night

Zolina didn't know where she grew the balls to initiate what had happened last night. All she could think about was how good Ace looked in the moment.

She felt heat spark in her chest as she remembered how the gaze from his low eyes burned into her skin, how feeling his fingertips on the nape of her neck made her dizzy, how his lips looked too soft and irresistible — and how his tongue felt between her thighs.

It ended up being the best head she had ever received, and she was surprised when he didn't take it any further, or expect anything in return.

However, when she got back into her apartment, she was bombarded with what Ace was trying his hardest to distract her from.

Reality.

The phone that she had put on 'do not disturb' was filled with texts and voicemails from an unknown number, but Zolina knew they were all from Craig.

Why she chose to read and listen to some of them, she couldn't figure out.

Maybe deep down she was hoping that something he'd say would ease the pain that he caused, but she ultimately ended up even more disappointed when none of his words made her feel better.

"Zo, I— I messed up. I don't even love her. At all. It was just something that went too far. I know that doesn't make shit any better, just... Fuck. Can you call me back?"

"You're probably done with me after this, and I get that. But please, can we just talk? On some closure shit? I really want to see you. I'm fucking sorry, Zolina."

What got Zolina through the rest of the night, was finishing the painting she had started earlier that day. There was no direction for it, other than getting out her raw emotions.

She thought that the all-nighter was worth it once the piece was finished, but now she was struggling to stay awake at work.

Zolina's grim thoughts were interrupted by the soft ring of the coffee shop's door chimes. Her body immediately broke into a cold sweat for what felt like the hundredth time today.

Though Craig never came into her job, she wouldn't be surprised if he popped up today— considering the circumstances.

But that paranoia washed away when she looked up from the register and saw the man who had her legs shaking in the backseat of his car last night.

Ace cut back on coming into Two Sugars since they started seeing each other outside of her work hours. Today made Zolina realize how much she missed his visits.

He wore a white thermal with jeans and a fitted, a gold cuban swaying around his neck. He locked his intense eyes with hers as he made his way over.

Jesus, this man.