10 | backseat freestyle

Grayson 'Ace' Valentine III
[ thurs, nov 17th 12:06 PM ]
Public Location

Grayson 'Ace' Valentine III [ thurs, nov 17th 12:06 PM ]Public Location

"The fuck they been doin' to her for two hours?"

Ace shielded his eyes with his arm as he leaned back in the driver's seat. After taking his siblings out to breakfast and on a shopping spree, Gwendolyn insisted that she get her nails done.

He knew it would be a long wait, but he never hesitated to give his sister anything that she asked for.

Grant was able to distract himself with his Nintendo Switch, but Ace was starting to go crazy.

He wanted to smoke, but it would cause unnecessary problems if his little brother went home smelling like weed.

"I'on know," Grant replied. "Probably taking her hands off and putting on new ones."

Ace chuckled, "Better give her ass some new fuckin' feet too."

Grant laughed, but got serious again, "Man, I really thought I was getting a tattoo today."

"You must not care about my life, bruh," Ace said. "Or yours."

"I woulda got it somewhere smart!" Grant argued. "Where mom couldn't see."

"Nah, G," Ace shook his head. "Hidin' it defeats the whole purpose. Two years gon' fly by, I promise."

Grant was in a rush to grow up, and Ace just wanted him to slow down. His brother sighed, but didn't push it any further.

Silence filled the car for a few minutes, the only noise was coming from the game console.

"Why do you hate dad?"

Ace removed his arm from his face and turned to look at Grant. He was in no way prepared for that question.

"What?" Was all Ace managed to say.

"Why do you hate dad?" His brother repeated, not looking up from the Switch.

"Is it that obvious?"

"I mean, yeah. He's there, you not. You there, he's not," Grant shrugged. "You don't let anyone call you Grayson— except mom. Everyone acts like I'm too young to notice shit, but I do."

"It's complicated," Ace answered simply.

With that, Grant turned off his game and tossed it carelessly on the dashboard, the clattering and slight burst of anger from his brother caused Ace to sit up.

Grant slouched down in his seat and stared out of the window.

"If it's not that I'm too young, it's because it's complicated," Grant spoke more to himself than to Ace. "I just thought you'd be the one to keep it 100 with me, Bro."

"I am, G," Ace defended. "And it's both. Yes, you young, and yes, shits complicated. I'on want whatever happened between me and him to affect y'all's relationship."