Chapter 8

Warnings: Lilac's clownery. 🤡🤡🤡

Because I read your comments and you wanted to be late, here ya go.
I'm sorry for this, this is unedited.

"What's that?"

Before you could even process the words written on the parchment, Alia snatched the small piece of paper away; a mischievous grin was dancing on her lips and it was as if she was trying to hold back a scream upon reading it.

"Go," she said, pulling you up to get on your feet, but as soon as you stood, the voice of Professor McGonagall made you turn around and faced the old woman who has a stern look on her face.

"Ms L/N, would you be able to spare me some time for a cup of tea in my office?"

She said, it wasn't an offer, nor a request, it was like she wanted you to do so. Nodding your head hesitantly, Alia glared in your direction, you couldn't bring yourself to say no to Professor McGonagall since she was your favourite professor amongst the others.

"Then I shall see you in 30 minutes."

She said before she left the hall, you were left standing there, glaring at Alia who was also doing the same thing as if you have just spilt her dirty secret in front of the whole school. What Snape wanted couldn't be that really important, besides, the man had treated you as if you were just another student who will make his brain explode, but except for the fact that what you have between the two of you is quite enjoyable.

"You sure Snape is not going to go nuts?"

Alia whispered, enough for Betty not to hear your conversation as she was still busy with the book in hand. You were pondering with your thoughts before you shook your head as an answer.

"Why would he, besides, he needs to be patient he's the one who needs me." You said as you fumbled with your fingers, thoughts running like crazy. Snape must have requested your presence just to maybe ruin your day for the last time.

As the dinner went to an end, you left Alia and Betty on their own as you made your way towards McGonagall's office, a sigh escaped your lips once you knocked on the door. The door immediately opened, welcoming you inside the cosy and warm office of the professor.

"Good evening, professor." You greeted once you took a step inside her office, the professor only gave you a small smile, one that was rare to see as she was known for being so strict to students. You felt honoured to see it.

"Come one dear, have a seat while I prepare the tea."

She said, and with the wave of her wand, a smoking kettle went floating about the room, followed by two small blue and white china cups and a biscuit. The strong smell of the tea which are earthy and floral scent lingered in the air once the kettle poured the contains into the cups.

"The reason why I asked for your presence is that your mother has sent me a letter." She murmured while opening her drawer as she began looking for a certain white coloured envelope that has been stuck inside ever since it arrived.

"What does she want from me?" You asked as you brought the cup to your lips, waiting for McGonagall's response.

She placed the already opened letter in front of you, her fingers trailing every word that was written by your mother on the parchment. Your brows knitted in confusion upon reading it.

"She asked me if you could take these subjects, it seems like your parents wanted you to become an Auror."

She said, pressing her lips together while looking at you, your eyes started to blaze with anger for your parents. They have done it again. Shaking your head, you only looked at McGonagall who only nodded as if she could understand you by just your expression.