Chapter 22

The fire crackled inside the teacher's lounge as Severus swirled the rusty coloured drink in the glass he was holding, his back was relaxed against the cushion he was occupying as he listened to Minerva's bickering. It was another weekend, the first weekend of the year to be exact and it was sure as hell exhausting, and Severus knew he deserves a short relaxation, away from dunderheads who only caused a headache to the potions master.

"Rough week?" Minerva chimed as she poured herself some drink before she took a seat in front of Severus, her eyes examining his facial expression.

"You're quite the observant," Severus sarcastically said, his eyes rolling in the back of his head before he drank the whole drink in one go.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me, Severus. How's Miss L/N coping in your class?" She asked, knowing that you two don't get along inside the classroom.

"She's doing well,"

No, you were not. Severus could see the pain in your eyes every time you enter his classroom, every time you try to avoid his gaze. Severus knew how much damage he had caused you, especially when you're suffering from betrayal and Severus could not help but feel bad and wish for himself to hold you, just like the way he held you in those nights you spent together, cherishing each other's warmth.

"That's good to hear then, Merlin knows how mischievous that girl is." Minerva absentmindedly said but Severus' mind seemed to be in another dimension as he remained quiet, his thoughts were ringing loud as they can be, making the older professor furrow her eyebrow in confusion.

"Severus, is there something you wish to say?" Concern laced Minerva's voice as she looks at Severus who immediately snapped his eyes towards the professor.

"I have nothing in mind to give you knowledge about what's wrong, Minerva." He sharply replied as he glared at the old woman who only smirked at the professor before she composed herself to speak.

"Oh, believe me, Severus. I think you and Miss L/N being involved with each other is plenty of knowledge."

Severus immediately snapped his head towards the old woman that it almost felt like his neck would snap. It felt as though Severus did know what to do or to say as his mind stopped, trying to process every word that Minerva just said.

"If you were wondering how and why; Miss Hallow couldn't hold her tongue." The way Minerva explained feels like the old woman was enjoying the way the colours drained from Severus' face.

"I believe it was the amount of alcohol she has indulged herself during Christmas Eve that made her spill every detail of your great secret." Severus only watched Minerva spoke with pure amusement in her eyes and Severus could not help but feel somehow nervous.

"Minerva, I assure-" Severus tried explaining, despite his voice slightly shaking from the amount of nervousness that was starting to course through his body, but Minerva only raised her hand to stop Severus from talking.

"No need to deny, Severus. I have noticed it since the time Miss White came to me about Miss L/N's whereabouts."

"Since I have arrived inside your office, I already know something was off, seeing as you things weren't on your desk anymore but the floor." She stated, making the potions master blush slightly from her words.

"And yes, I've seen her bralette." She chuckled and Severus went more red from her words, his hands shakily reached the bottle of firewhiskey as if he wanted to show Minerva that he wasn't at all affected by her words.

"Now, do tell me what's on your mind. I am all ears, Severus."

Severus pondered his thoughts for a second as if he was trying to consider everything in his mind. It wouldn't hurt him if he ever tells Minerva about you, would it? Besides, the professor knows what is between the two of you already. With the last hesitation vanishing from his mind, Severus drew out a breath before he fixed his eyes at McGonagall.