Chapter 16

Smoke, students and snow, was surrounding you as you stood there in the station at Hogsmeade, chatters filled the air and every breath you released grew into mists before you. Your cheeks were red, even the tip of your nose too as the bitter weather strikes, you were fiddling with the cufflinks you bought for Severus as you waited for the last student to hop on the train before you follow.

You promised to give those two pairs of cufflinks to Severus after your Christmas dinner with your family, you couldn't really take the risk of getting caught, especially when your obnoxious brother is around. The small item was quite making a sound inside your pocket which only you can hear as you jiggled your hands inside, trying to shake the coldness off.

Betty was unfortunately not with you, she had told that she will be with her Ravenclaw friends which you did not even know who they are, but you couldn't really care less, your mind was filled with thoughts on how to survive your two weeks with your family.

You finally hopped on the train, realizing that you are more likely not to get any seats or empty compartments because most of the students decided to come home for Christmas. You were glad you immediately found an empty compartment, but right before you enter, Mclaggen caught your eyes.

Feeling anxious, you yanked it open, and before he could even touch or call your name, you slammed the door shut to his face, your middle finger stood up, making the boy scratch his neck whose attempt failed. You huffed on your seat, a book in hand to keep you out from boredom as the ride back to the platform was as long as hell.

As you started reading, your mind wandered back to the time when McGonagall borrowed your time to tell you about your parent's decision for your future, you never took their words in your mind, nor did you bother to do so.

Sighing, you flicked the yellow and old pages of the book you had bought at Hogsmeade weeks ago, your fingers tracing every word that was etched beautifully in the rough yet thin paper. Your mind began to run around as you read word after word and soon enough, the fantasy was starting to play in your mind as if it was really happening as you shut the real world behind.

You did not even realise that you had fallen asleep, the book that you were holding hours ago was sprawled on the floor, your muscles feeling like they were sore, probably from your position. You stretched out as you look outside your window, the sun was now gone, replaced by the darkness and the snow was starting to fall upon the world, blanketing the roofs of the houses.

As the train came to a stop, the students flooded the small hallways of the train, accompanied by laughs and chatters that lingered in the air as all of you exited the train. You were kind of feeling down as you hopped off, your parents were the first thing you saw. They were waiting for you with no sign of happiness radiating from them, your mother barely even smile and there was a dangerous look in her eyes.

With a nervous sigh, you began making your way towards where they were standing, your father was beside your mother with the luscious cane in hand. They were the centre of attraction in the station, the well-tailored suit and the satin dress in the shade of ivory stood up like a sore thumb that screams luxury and elegance amidst the sea of parents and students who were obviously below you.

Never been a fan of attention, you sped up your step and immediately stop in front of your mother who looked you up and down with such disgrace in her eyes, you knew something is about to erupt from her mouth the moment you stepped out of the train.

Leaning down to peck her on her cheeks, your mother moved her face away from you, your lips barely even touching her cheek. You stood there, utterly shocked by her action, even if you weren't the favoured one in the family, the least that your parents could tolerate was a kiss on the cheeks, but this time, it was different.