Initiation

The next morning, the students were all getting ready to start. Y/N was doing a quick maintenance check on his body. He checked his lightsabers, and headed to check on his sisters.

"Anyway, you seem awfully chipper this morning," said Yang.

"Yep," said Ruby, "No more awkward talk or getting to know you stuff. Today, I let my sweet heart do the talking."

Ruby then fawned over her weapon.

"You won't be the only individual in initiation," said Y/N.

"Exactly," said Yang, "You're gonna have to grow up and meet new people and learn to work together."

Ruby then groaned, "Ugh, you both sound like dad! Okay, first of all what does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk!"

"What about when we form teams?" asked Y/N.

"I don't know," said Ruby, "I'll just be on your team or something..."

Yang then ruffled her hair and said, "Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?"

"My dearest sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me!?"

Weiss was talking with a redhead named Pyrrha.

"So, Pyrrha," asked Weiss, "have you given any thought to whose team you would like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well known individual, such as yourself."

"I'm not quite sure," said Pyrrha, "I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may."

"Well," said Weiss, "I was thinking that maybe we could be on a team together."

"That sounds grand," said Pyrrha.

"Great!" said Weiss. She then turned and looked diabolical, thinking to herself, "This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class. Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now: we'll be popular, we'll be celebrities, we'll get perfect grades! Nothing could come between us now!"

Y/N then looked at Weiss, and made a motion with his hands to Jaune.

"Best advice, stay away from Ice Queen."

"Right," said Jaune.

At the cliff, everyone was waiting to start.

"For years," said Ozpin, "you have trained to become warriors. And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

"Now," said Glynda, "I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates...today."

"What?" whined Ruby.

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said, the person you make first eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."