Masquerade

Sunday, the dance had arrived and it was beautiful.

Yang was greeting people at the front, and Ruby was just coming in.

(Y/N) was just talking with people, as Weiss was happy to have her brother back.

Blake and Sun were having a nice time, dancing together.

"Mission accomplished," said (Y/N).

"What now?" asked Ruby.

"We have fun," said Yang.

"Does this mean I can change out of these stupid things and into my hood?!" cried Ruby, but no one answered.

"Stupid lady stilts."

"Are you enjoying yourself Ms. Rose?" asked Ozpin as he walked up to Ruby.

"You know, dancing and fighting aren't all that different. Two people interlocked with each other, and they corporate with each other. But one wrong step could lead to a broken foot."

"Or a swollen ankle," said Ruby.

"Be that as it may," continued Ozpin, "you can't spend your whole life on the battlefield. Even if you want to, you must take breaks for those you care about."

Ozpin then left with Ruby thinking to herself.

(Y/N) was just talking with Weiss, and Weiss asked, "So, do you think you could ever forgive Winter? I mean, I'm not going to."

"No," said (Y/N), "Not unless she earns it."

He sighed, "I just hope she doesn't do anything stupid if she finds out I'm here."

Just then, laughing was heard, as Jaune Arc appeared in a dress!!

(Y/N) then laughed out loud, his armor clanking on the ground as he fell.

"Everyone has a partner here at the dance," said Emerald in a communicator.

"Good," said Cinder on the other end, "I'll be back before midnight."

Cinder then ran across the rooftops in a black suit and mask.

Unknown, (Y/N) had seen her thanks to his enhanced eyes.

He sneaked off, and followed the figure on the roof. He quietly followed her, and got into the elevator shaft, waiting for her to come out.

Soon, it stopped, and (Y/N) came out, and crawled around the ceiling.

Cinder worked around, finding a spot, but (Y/N)'s shadow appeared over her hand.

She turned, and saw him jumping towards him, sabers igniting.

(Y/N) and Cinder then went to sword combat.

(Y/N)'s sabers were set to stun mode.

He had two, one he used for human opponents, stun, and one he used for Grimm, slice.

Slice would cut through anything, even Aura. But (Y/N) couldn't kill her. He didn't want to.

(Replace Ki-Adi-Mundi with Cinder

(Replace Ki-Adi-Mundi with Cinder.)

Just then, Ruby came in, and saw what was going on.

Cinder kicked (Y/N) back a bit, and she shot glass from her suit, which Ruby dodged instantly.

(Y/N) then grabbed her by the back of the head, and threw her into the wall.

As she was thrown, Cinder turned her two swords into a bow and fired three flaming arrows at Ruby

As she was thrown, Cinder turned her two swords into a bow and fired three flaming arrows at Ruby. Ruby then dodged them, and (Y/N) pulled out his two other sabers.

He spun his wrists, and mid section, creating a deadly cyclone.

Just then, the elevator just then opened and General Ironwood came out, and Ruby and (Y/N) thought that back up came, but Cinder was gone.

Back at the dance, Cinder entered like she was at the dance the whole time. She had some deep thought right now.

He'll find out sooner or later, she thought, I can't keep this-

"Cinder?" asked Emerald.

Cinder looked to see her companions, and Mercury asked, "So, how was your night?"

"It was more eventful than planned," said Cinder, regaining her composure.

"So what now?"

"We dance," said Cinder, as she danced with Mercury, "It is a party after all."

(Y/N) and Ruby were sitting with each other, Ironwood was calling Ozpin, and they failed to notice that there was a virus on the communicators.

The normal Beacon symbol, which was two axes crossing in an X with a wreath underneath and green in the background, was replaced with a chess piece and a red background screen.

However, at the last minute, (Y/N) saw it, and thought, Wait, I've seen that symbol before. But where?