Missions

Next morning, Ruby and (Y/N) were asked to see Professor Ozpin in his office. When they arrived, Professor Goodwitch and General Ironwood were waiting for them as well.

"Hey," said Ruby, "sorry we're late. Someone pushed all the buttons on the way up here. It wasn't me."

"How are you feeling today Mr and Ms Rose?" asked Ozpin.

"I would feel better if my bad guy catching record wasn't 0-3," said Ruby jokingly.

The three adults looked at them seriously.

"Okay," said Ruby, "so that's the tone we're going for."

Ironwood then walked up to the two and said, "I just want you two to know that what you did last night is what I believe being a huntress and huntsmen is all about. You both saw a threat, you took action, and you did the best you could as a team."

Ruby smiled at Ironwood.

"Thanks General, that means a lot coming from you."

"So," said Professor Goodwitch, "did she look familiar? Did she say anything?"

"No," said Ruby, "she had a mask on her face. She also fought with glass, but I don't think that was her semblance, and she didn't say anything to us. She also shot a fire ball at us."

"There was also something about her hair and smirk that really made her familiar to me for some reason," said (Y/N), "Like I've met her in person before, but I can't remember where. And her fighting was similar to mine a bit."

"Save for the glass," said Goodwitch, "that sounds like the woman Ruby and I fought the night we met."

"Embedding Glass into clothing is an age old technique," said Ironwood, "It could have been anyone."

Ruby then said, "Well, she didn't say anything directly to us, we think she mumbled something about a base in the South Eastern borders of Vale."

"What are you doing?!?" whispered (Y/N).

"I thought you said that-"

"Thank you for your time you two," said Ozpin, interrupting Goodwitch, "You may go to your team."

"Yes sir," said Ruby.

They entered the elevator, and (Y/N) teased, "You gonna push all the buttons again?"

"Ha ha, very funny," said Ruby.

Soon, the two arrived, and the team asked what happened.

"That was a risky move," said Weiss.

"Chill out Weiss Cream," said (Y/N), "I'm not gonna let her live that down."

"Oh great, first the elevator, now this?" whined Ruby.

"She press all the buttons again?" asked Yang.

"Yep," replied (Y/N).

Ruby was looking a bit glum, and Yang said, "Oh cheer up sis. Oh, I know what will help."

"What?" asked Ruby.

"I don't know. I thought we could open it together," said Yang.

"OH SOMETHING FROM HOME!" squealed Ruby happily as she ran over and hooked her legs around Yang as Ruby tried to get the package.

Yang shook the can, and what looked like a grey towel popped out. It then started to quiver until it took the shape of a small corgi dog. The five looked at the corgi until it barked happily at them.

They all screamed and Ruby cried excitedly, "ZWEI!!"

"He sent a dog?" asked Blake. "In the mail?" asked Weiss.

"Oh relax, he does stuff like this all the time," said Yang as Ruby held Zwei and he licked her face.

"Who, your dad or the dog?" asked Blake as she watched fearfully from Ruby's bunk.

"So are you telling me," said Weiss, "that this mangy... drooling... mutt is going to wive with us forevew!? Oh yes he is!"

"Please keep it away from my things," said Blake.

Then Glynda Goodwitch spoke on the intercom and said, "All students please report to the main hall to select your missions please. No excuses."

"So, what about Zwei?" asked (Y/N).

Yang then pulled out a note and said, "Hey there's a letter. Here let's see it says. 'Dear girls and son, your mother and I have to leave the island for a few days so we're sending Zwei to you to take care of and all of the food that you should need for him. Love three, Taiyang.'"

Yang then turned the canister upside down, and at least 15 dozen cans of dog food fell out, burying the corgi until he popped his head out the top.

"What's he supposed to do with that?" asked Weiss.

A can opener then fell on Zwei's head, and (Y/N) smiled inside. 

Everyone then left the room while Ruby stayed and looked at Zwei like she had an idea.

Team RWBY + (Y/N) walked up to the screen and looked at the various missions that they could select.

"Oh, here's one!" said Ruby, "'Search and Destroy'. It's also in the south east quadrant."

Ruby up her scrolls to the screen to sign the team up, but they was denied.

"'Third year students and higher only'?" read Yang, "Well that's stupid."

"Hello Team RWBY + (F/N/L)," said Ozpin as he walked up to them, "I just wanted to ask how you all knew of a secret base in the south east quadrant, and how you all managed to be at the docks at a convenient time and know where the White Fang was."

The team looked at Ozpin before he said, "How about waiting to break the rules, we just bend them."

Ozpin then typed in his scroll and the mission accepted them.

"We won't let you down Professor," said Ruby.

"I will also have a professional Huntsman accompany," said Ozpin.

"Hey," said a student, "Team CFVY(Coffee) is back."

Ruby walked up to Velvet, the rabbit Faunus who used to be picked on by Cardin and his team, and asked, "Velvet, what happened? Your mission was meant to end a week ago."

"There were just so many of them," said Velvet, "Don't worry, I had Yatsuhashi to protect me."

Velvet then took a picture of Ruby, and smiled at her.

"You guys ready?" asked Ruby, "I can't believe that we actually get to travel with a Professional Huntsman!"

The Huntsman they saw that was accompanying them was the one they least expected to go with them: Professor Oobleck.

"Hello children," said Oobleck, "Who's ready to fight for their lives?"

".................WHAT?" asked (Y/N).