Park Jennifer

I'm Park Jennifer. Yeah, you don't meet people with those kind of names very often do you? That's because I'm half Korean and half American. My dad was Korean, his name was Park Garam. My Mom was from the United States, and her names was Kylie Teuton, but I decided to go with the nickname "Jen." I thought it sounded really cool.

I was born in Korea, and I lived there until I was six. Then we moved to the United States, and I was hella glad about it. I wasn't a very likeable girl, and I was constantly getting bullied or mistreated by the teachers and literally everyone. The girls called me a weirdo, just because I wore EVERY, and I mean EVERYDAY something blue. I'm OBSESSED with the color blue. It's the best color in the world.

 I'll talk about my appearance, so I have black hair. I always tie it up into a ponytail, I don't like it loose, my hair looks as if I haven't brushed it nor washed it MONTHS. My skin is very white, and in my old school back in Korea, people used to call me a sheet of paper and a horror movie character. My eyes are green, but kinda like a mixture of a tiny bit of light brown with green, but the weird part is that sometimes my eyes looked instead of green purple, weird right?

Back to the moving part. My parents told me it was because they'll get paid higher there, but something didn't fit with me. Of course I was six years old and I couldn't understand everything, but I still knew that something was off with that explanation. My dad didn't look convinced when he said it, and mom was fingering with one of my squishy toys. She looked really nervous.

I decided to not ask questions, because I knew they wouldn't tell the truth, so we just started packing and selling ,etc. It was kinda awkward because of the silence.

Once we arrived at the United States, my perspective in life changed completely. Everything looked so cool! Our new house was so luxurious, and school was the best part. I wasn't the "Invisible-Girl" anymore, but the complete opposite. Everyone thought that I was unique because of my name, and guess what? I started a short singing career when I was just 7 years old! That brought me a lot of fame and money, and I was living my life to the fullest. It was all just too good to be true!

Sure there were lots of difficult times, like when I had to stand up for my friend who was being bullied, and I was first to shy to do so, and much more.

But let's say I have this freaking luck that just when things are going as I always wanted to, it all gets ruined. That's exactly what happened on April 5th.

 It was a month since I turned 11, and my parents acted as if it was a complete normal day. They didn't even congratulated me! No presents, nothing.

A month after that, they apologized for not celebrating my birthday when they were supposed to, and took me to a Restaurant.

My parents put something fancy on, but I just wore jeans and a sweatshirt. 

Once we were half-way there, disaster struck: The road started to get a little bumpy. I though that it would just last for a couple of minutes, but it didn't. I was starting to get worried, and my mom as well then she asked my father in Korean something.

She whispered it, but I have a great sense of hearing, and I heard that she was asking dad that what if he took a wrong turn or something.

"Check the map, appa" I said in Korean. (Appa is dad)

My dad turned around, and how I wish I knew that that was going to be the last time I would ever see his blue eyes again.

"Garam, watch out!" yelled mom in Korean.

I looked at the front and saw that dad was driving right into a deep, but very deep ditch.

My dad tried to turn the car, but the car didn't respond to the turn, and the turn was so rough that I completely hit the car door on my right, and the door flung open.