Vegeta: Worthy

GN! Saiyan! Reader. (Reader still has a tail, too.)

Short.

------

You stood in place, body in a defensive pose. Your (e/c) eyes narrowed as you watched Vegeta's every move, preparing to strike. He stared at you with those intense, aggressive eyes, and it would make most people shiver in fear. But you weren't most people. As a Saiyan survivor, and a close companion of Vegeta's, you didn't fear him. That was something that you couldn't tell if it frustrated him, or something he enjoyed.

Vegeta came at you, full force. His foot slammed into your raised arms, and your feet slid into the dirt. You responded with a swift elbow to his stomach, knocking him back. He quickly caught himself, and grabbed your arm, flinging you behind him. You didn't make a noise as you hit the ground, and leapt to your feet once more. You jumped into the air, and slammed your clasped fists into the back of his head, slamming him into the ground. He grunted, and you kicked him. Hard. He let out another grunt, and grabbed your foot. You couldn't shake him off, so he dragged you to the ground and flipped himself onto his feet. Your head hit the ground this time, and he still had your foot in a hold. You shot a ki blast at him, and he simply took the blast. You launched yourself back up, and dug your heel into his stomach. He finally let go of you, and you floated slightly above the ground.

"So, prince, are we gonna keep playing, or can we go eat?" You grinned, and Vegeta sighed. He always liked it when you called him that, whether you were teasing or not. Your tail swished from side to side behind you, and you returned to the ground. This whole sparring session occurred because you wanted to go eat, and Vegeta wasn't ready to yet.

Vegeta crossed his arms over his chest. "We can eat." You smirked victoriously, and ran inside. Vegeta followed after you, slower than usual. You had noticed how odd he'd been acting towards you, as of late. You've been a companion of his for years, and the only Saiyan to keep your tail. You and him were close, and have been since you were little. You've watched him grow, and watched how unamused he was to be on Earth. The two of you happened to stay at Bulma's place, which she so kindly let you. You had a hunch that she had a bit of a thing for Vegeta, which you thought was charming in a sense. 'Two people with a sense of royalty like entitlement. A match made in heaven,' you found yourself often thinking.

Back to the issue at hand. Vegeta has been treating you differently. He is normally incredibly aloof and eager to be alone, yet he seems to constantly want to accompany you now. He's touched you at random more times thank you could count, though it's never been perverse. It's small things, like brushing his arm against you as he walks by, or putting a hand on your shoulder when gesturing towards something. It was odd. But not unwelcome. Yet, his general demeanor hasn't changed much. He's just as much of an asshole as usual. Just a bit more complaint with when you want to do things, much to your amusement.

You decided that today was the day to ask him. So, when he came in behind you, you gently grabbed his wrist. "Hey, can I ask you something?" You spoke gently, and gave him a little smile. Your tail twitched almost anxiously, as you knew how aggressive Vegeta could get. But, surprisingly, he simply tilted his head slightly.

"What do you want?" His question was almost a demand, but his tone wasn't quite harsh enough for that. You inhaled quickly, before blurting out your inquiry.

"What's been up with you lately? For the past month, you've been treating me differently. I'm... a little worried about you. I know you don't like to talk about shit, but we've been together for years now. I'll always be here for you, Vegeta. Even if you weren't the Saiyan prince." You offered him a soft smile after you spoke, keeping your gentle hold on his wrist. It would allow him to pull away if he wanted to.