Android 17: What It's Come To

Shy! Introverted! F! Reader!

--------

Wind whipped the house, causing it to creak quietly. The moon shone brightly above, betraying the android slightly. This didn't stop him. Nothing would. He crouched down in front of the door handle, pulling out two separate tools and beginning to fuss with the locks. Twenty seconds later, and 'click'. He slipped the slim tools back into his pocket, and opened the door, walking in like he owned the place.

17's eyes looked around the room that he had first entered, finding nothing of interest. With a blank expression, he moved on. He continued through the house silently, searching each room thoroughly. Then he stood in front of the bedroom of the house. The door was just slightly ajar.

Gently pushing the door open with gloved hands, the android's eyes were trained to the figure on the bed. Their body moved a bit, chest rising and falling slowly as they breathed. 'Found you.' 17 approached, hovering above the floor as to not make any sort of noise. He looked down at the individual's peaceful expression. With no hesitation, he put both hands on their head, and in one swift motion, broke their neck. The crack was appalling, and would sicken most. He then made sure to drop them with a level of aggression, to cause more injury.

He was aware that these actions wouldn't kill them immediately. He had a few minutes. So, he took the opportunity to talk to them. "Hello, (Y/n)'s closest friend. Besides me. No longer are you going to be that close friend. You'll be dead within moments, with the spinal cord injuries you have. I just wanted to make sure that you heard me when I spoke." 17's tone was calm and flat, as he stared down at the human.

He stepped back, glancing around the room. "Don't you worry, I'll take good care of her. Better than anyone ever has. I've been doing it for months now, and I'll continue to. But... Do you know why we're here now?" Tilting his head slightly, 17 smiled a little.

"You can't answer, but if you could, I'm sure you'd say no. That's what they all say. We're here because you got too close. I heard you, telling her that I'm dangerous. That I'm crazy. I would've left you well alone if you didn't try to drag her away from me. This is your own fault." Upon deciding that he'd had enough of observing his environment, he returned to their motionless body. He grabbed their neck, lifting them off of the bed.

"Do you hear me? Your own fault, you fucking idiot." A full, cruel grin appeared on his face, barely illuminated by the moonlight from the window. "And after I help (Y/n) get over your tragic death, she's going to realize why I'm the better friend, and the only one she needs." And with that, 17 turned towards the window. "So, let's get to it, old friend."

-----

You didn't often get to go to 17's house. He almost always insisted that the two of you went to your home, instead. Today, though, he thought that it would be fine to go to his place. He invited you over, and you accepted.

Why? You weren't feeling too well. Your best friend had died two months ago now. Apparently, they had been found dead outside their house, neck broken in multiple places. They had jumped off of their roof, the report said. You couldn't believe it. You found it painful to think about, painful to know, and overall emotionally detrimental that your best friend had done such a thing, at little notice. They already had seemed off for a while, paranoid and beginning to seclude themselves, but to do that? It was... crazy. People around you had been seeming to do that for around a year at this point. They left you, without warning, or through tragedy. It was awful.

You were grateful that you had 17 with you at this point. Because you were so introverted, you found that attempting to talk to people was hard enough. And without your friend, you had became depressed. But, 17 wouldn't let you neglect yourself. He'd been there for you every step of the way, and was trying to help you get back on your feet. So, you were willing to spend time with him, even if it took a lot to get out of bed this morning.