✗ four ✗

chapter four

If anyone wondered what the result of my shameful deed, they would only have to look at me because I had no idea what I was supposed to do when the one thing I feared the most suddenly appeared right at my school.

I was busy looking for my uniform necktie inside Sumin's pick up car when soon after, I heard Seeun and J running for our friends hanging in the bed of the pick-up in the back.

They were supposed to buy us water before my game. I'm a player for the school's baseball team.

"He's here! He's here!", J and Seeun repeatedly says.

"Who's here?", Yoon asks from beside Isa. Only Sieun is not with us for having an idol training schedule.

"That Park Jay is here!", J says before throwing me teasing look.

Two seconds later and she wouldn't have to say that because now I see the guy I kissed walking in the parking lot towards my friends with another guy.

My fight or flight instinct kicks in as instead of joining my friends outside, I sprawled down the backseat and thanked Sumin for having her pick up windows tinted or else, that Jay would find me in here.

In few seconds, he stood before my friends and the guy with him speak up, "Are you Isa?"

"Yeah", she said in a laid back voice that skillfully hides the panic she must be feeling inside, or maybe is it just me?

"Did you post this picture?", the guy asks. He must be showing her the post from her Instagram.

"Yes, why are you asking?", she asks. I've to praise her for sounding exceptionally calm under this cirmcumstances.

"We want to know who the girl in the photo is", the guy said and instinctively looking around their faces.

I heard Isa chuckles, "I don't know. Why are you looking for her? Interested, are you?"

"This is my friend, Jay. He's the one in the photo. He wants to talk to her"

Lord, kill me now! How had anyone thought of that, I, a girl who usually didn't do a reckless move, could be in this situation?

And yet, here I was, peeking from the tinted window, as the confrontation progressed, silently experiencing a bout of panic. I could see Jay now, searching for something in his face and I'm at loss for words.

There was about the way he frowns deeply to my friends while also looking disappointed that perhaps the one he's searching for is not there.

"Oh my god, that was you?", Yoon says to Jay and I have to give her an Oscar for helping Isa, "Wait, why are you looking for her? Isn't she your girlfriend?"

"No", Jay says. I recognize his voice. How could I forget it? It sounds like a honey to your ears, "Do you really not know who she is?"

"I'm sorry we don't", Isa says. I promise I was going to treat her an ice cream after this.

Jay doesn't seem to believe her alibis, "Then why did you take our photo?"

"We were just filming for a school project with the main subject of love, so we took that photo", Yoon lied again with convincing smile, a real Oscar worthy and got him fooled.

"I want you to take it down", Jay says, looking utterly serious.

Please just say yes, you two, I thought as I looked over to my friends. Apparently, Sumin is busy covering J's mouth who's so ready to talk while Seeun is hiding them from the view of the two guys.

"Why?", Isa asks, making me want to beat down the window to signal her to stop.

"Because it caused me a lot of trouble. Now that you know she's not my girlfriend, please take it down", Jay said, still extremely polite.

I see Isa sigh, "Okay", she says and shoved down her phone in front of Jay then deleted the post, "Done. Happy now?"

"Thanks", Jay says before looking back at her, "Do you really not know who she is? I need to meet her"

Isa laughs, "If I know her, what's it to you? If you're interested, I can help you there"

"Well, I'm not", he says and leaves without a goodbye to my friends.

As soon as they were out of the vicinity, the girls helped me enter the school without anyone seeing us. I never realized how being inside can make you feel safe.

For the next couple of days, I take pre-cautions and keep an eye out for Jay in order to hide from him if he ever decides to search for me again.

It didn't sound like he was searching me for nothing.

Today, I have a baseball match against the rival school. We were already winning by six points ahead of the other team.

After the first round of the game, I went to the back of the bleachers and accepted all the cheers and a water bottle from my friends.

They all drag me to the parking lot first while I'm still on the break. We were snacking on burgers when we spotted a sport car arriving in front of us, the top sliding to the back to show the occupants inside.

"I see.. They're a group of liars", the statement was the first thing I heard behind me.

I quickly turned around and came face to face with the guy who I stole a kiss from, the one where all my troubles started, Park Jay.

"Hello, Stranger. Remember me?", he cut in abruptly at Isa's intended words in this moment.

This is just too embarassing.

His eyes, from the moment he turned to face me, hadn't shifted from my face. Rather, they seemed glued to my features, as if memorizing them.

"Park Jay", I acknowledged him, my mouth suddenly too dry to formulate a sentence.

"We need to talk", he step out of his car and sent me a charming smile, "I intend to make you solve the problems you've caused me, Cha Eunjoo"

All I could say in my mind after I looked into J's cute, but still antagonizing smile that she's right - the fearless bitch inside me can't escape this one.

It all started with the kiss, the kiss for sure, that wouldn't just be that, a kiss.

But of something more.

⚊ next chapter