✗ twenty seven ✗

⚊ chapter twenty seven

Everything is going too well, too well that my gum is now tired from all the smiling and teasing eyes over my brother's gaze on us.

When the dinner ended with an ice cream cake, Jay stood up from his chair and bow to them.

"Thanks for inviting me to dinner", He then faced my mom, "The food was great. I enjiyed every piece of it, Ma'am", he complimented.

"Thank you dear. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You are free to go here anytime", She replied with a pleased smile.

"And please if we're not here for a few days or week, take care of my sister for us", my brother added pointedly.

"I will, Sir", Jay said. He then turned to me with a smile and took my hand, "Come on, let's talk outside, Eunjoo"

I threw one last best smile at my brother and stood up as well. I accepted Jay's hand and we left the dining room together.

Before leaving the living room, I caught my family staring at us. My mom had a big smile on my face, my brother is only frowning. I knew how this must look to them, a loving couple leaving them hand in hand.

What they didn't know that it wasn't still real, but it already felt like it.

We left the house and continued until we were standing in front of Jay's car. He rubbed the back of my hand and that was when I realized he never let go of my hand. To be honest, it was such a nice and comfortable feeling that I also like to hold it for as long as I could.

"What do you think? Do you think they love you now?", I said, trying to play it cool.

Jay looked down at our joined hands as if the answer was there and finally he pulled away. Strangly, my hand felt weird and cold without his, so there was nothing I could do but reached out for his again.

He smiled, grabbing mine and letting me enjoy it, "Do you know what your brother told me to do?"

"Will you let me know?", I inquired, then added immediately, "I'm shocked he hadn't scared you too much"

Jay laughed and I hit him in the arm lightly. After he stopped laughing, he said, "He only wants your happiness, Eunjoo. He admitted that he only wants for a guy to make you happy"

"Is it you?", I asked.

He didn't even give me the pleasure of answering. He just bend down and kissed me on the lips. The kiss took me by surprise, but not for long as I found myself kissing him back.

Jay ended the kiss and looked at me with a sweet smile, "Don't worry, Eunjoo, I want nothing but the best for you. I'll do everything to be that best person"

I laughed to clear my head of the giddy feeling that his kiss created, "You know I'm used to pushing people away. I'm not the best person to be with. It's just how I am"

Jay chuckled, "Oh no, there will be no pushing me away. You push me, I'll grab you and pin you to the wall. We're in this together"

"Jay, what are you doing to me?", I asked as I could literally cry for what he was making me feel.

He didn't catch my heart right away, I won't deny this. It had been stuck for Samuel since the break up.

But once Jay did in the following days, I swear I couldn't look away from what he can offer.

Park Jay have a beautiful heart and it's meant to know beautiful love.

At about three o'clock in the next day, I finished everything I have to do in school and now I was going over to Jay's, seeing that my brother finally allowed me to stay there for the night if they weren't in the house.