✗ twenty three✗

⚊ chapter twenty three

My friends and I rarely argued.

I could only count the three times our friendship where we argued. Those times it was only mere disagreements or when one is not sharing any problems and would distance themselves until they cried about it.

It happens to me once. They comforted me about my insecurities. Our friendship was too close and strong for us to break it easily.

Now was one of those times and even though it was never a first disagreement, I've never seen Isa so angry and full of hatred before.

"Are you out of your mind?", she was asking, shaking her head vigorously, "Did you forget what he did to you?"

"Isa, I'm not coming back to him, don't worry. I'm just going to ask for him to say sorry and leave", I said, trying to calm her down.

She and the other girls are not happy to it. So they were now trying to convince me that I shouldn't see him.

"I think it's a bad idea. You shouldn't go see him", Yoon insisted, "He hurted you without thinking about it, Eunjoo. A guy like that doesn't deserve a second chance"

"Is there a way to reach out to your brother and have him punch Samuel?", Sumin suggested.

"Or we could go with him, we'll hold him down while Eunjoo beat him up", Seeun says, smiling at the idea.

"There's no way I'm giving him a second chance. I'm going to listen to him and that's it", I said, hoping they would understand.

Sieun snorted while shaking her head, "We could hide somewhere and we'll watch out for you. It's the least we could do"

My eyes suddenly went wide at her plan, "What?"

"Good idea. We couldn't just seat around and worry you'll throw yourself back to him", J said while crossing her arms.

I scowled, "Just thinking about it is already disgusting me", I said, shaken by that thought, "I just don't get why I can't meet him without it amounting to anything"

"Because we know him. He never gives up even if he's one in the wrong", Isa exclaimed.

"I won't let him get to me, I promise", I said, my voice getting quiet.

Yoon looked at me for a while before sighing, "You're right, you won't. We just hate him for what he did to you. I don't want him to hurt you again"

"He won't hurt me again because I will not give him a chance to", I replied.

"Fine, but can we at least come with you?", Sumin asked, "I don't trust him"

"Thanks, but I need you all to stay in the car. I can do this on my own"

"Okay, but if he tries anything funny, don't be surprise if his body was found dead somewhere in a ditch", J joked under her gritted teeth.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing at how they're so mad for Samuel, "You're free to do it", I said, touched by how concerned they are for me.

They are always there for me, just as I'm always there for them. We can depend on one another all the time.

"Good", Sumin said, finally letting me leave her car, "Where's Jay? I thought he would take you out of here?"

"He said he'll be bringing his younger friends to their houses first. I'll be here before he arrived", I said with a smile at the thought of him, "By the way, do you like him for me?"

Isa's lips streched into a wide smile, "You two are a cute couple. Didn't I tell you from before you could get him as a hot boyfriend?"

I gave her a wry look, "Yes, in the time you dared me to kiss him the mall"