✗ seventeen ✗

chapter seventeen

Jay and I walked on in a comfortable silence. I was walking ahead of him and he was a few steps behind me, but whenever I looked back at him, he always caught my eyes without a fail.

I didn't know why he insisted on lingering in my side, but I appreciate it. He said he won't leave me until we reach my house.

Walking in silence, I couldn't help my mind from wandering. It's about Samuel. Today he tried to get at me, visited the house during lunch time and it had to be his luck to seen by my brother who locked the door on his face.

I continued eating then without giving him a second glance in the window.

However, since I've opened up about it to my brother, I've been trying to figure him out. He was seeing Ari behind my back for four months. If he cared about me at all, he would've ended it some time ago to not hurt me.

So why was he intent on getting me back now?

Samuel was not an easy person to understand. Between the two of us, I always have the one to adjust. If we had a fight, I was the one to take the first move in order for us to talk.

But in the times we're still fine with each other, he's really sweet and giving me all the little things I appreciate a lot. I really do wanted to know how he could cheat on me. Did I do something wrong? Was I a bad girlfriend?

I was brought out from my thoughts by Jay's voice, "What are you thinking about so intently?", he asked.

He was now walking beside me. I was so deep in thoughts, I didn't noticed he was already in my side.

"I was thinking about Sam", I answered honestly.

"Is it him all you could think about?", he asked, pulling his brows in confusion.

"I was just thinking what was so wrong with me for him to cheat", I confided.

"Oh", he was quiet for a while and then he asked, "What's the full story anyway?"

I looked down and at the plastic bag on my hand, "He was cheating on me for three months. I caught them in his room and since then, I've never been too forgiving"

"And then he wants you bad so madly after what he did? You're doing the right thing then", he reasoned.

"The right thing?"

"At least you're not the kind of girl who's letting him in so quickly just to have him in your arms again", he added and I just nodded my head.

I looked up and saw that my house is a few feet away. I was so distracted by our conversation that I didn't realized we had reached home.

Jay did not say anything more and I was glad for that, because I didn't want to think about Samuel anymore.

He bid goodbye to me and I walked over to my house while he was walking back to get his car. While I walked to the door, I can't help but realize how the living room is dark and my family should've been there, waiting for me.

When I finally reached the door, I was still calling for them because I didn't have a key, I left it in my bedroom and find no reason to bring since they're home.

"Mom, open up the door! I'm here!"

I went to every window and see no other people inside, it's so dark you will think they left suddenly in a rush. I let out a frustrated sigh when my phone vibrated from my pocket and only to see my mom had a message in it, a rather bad news for me.