✗ epilogue ✗

⚊ epilogue

This is really the plot twist I had been asking for this year. Who knew the me wishing for a New Year's change is here right now?

I woked up to Jay's message this morning or more like I found him already eating breakfast with my family even before I pick up my phone.

What more? As my real boyfriend now, he wanted to be my ride to school and then again on my way home. That's how my friends had received the news as they saw me walked out of his car.

He didn't let me go that easily, he followed while taking my hand, as if walking to my friends will drag me into danger.

"I don't have to ask why you two can't take your eyes off of each other right now", Isa said as soon as she gets out of Sumin's car followed by the others.

We walked over to where they stood, "So what can you say now, our pretry cupid?"

Yoon smiled, sharing it with Isa, "So you two are dating for real now? No more faking it?"

"Yes", Jay supplied while wrapping his arms around me.

"I knew something was right between the two of you all along. I was just waiting for the both of you to admit it. I mean, in all fanfiction stories, all those who fake dates always end up with one another", Isa said as she clapped her hands.

I smiled at her excitement, "So are you happy now to see it come in real life?"

"Of course I was. I knew a right guy when I see one", She said proudly.

"Yes, and I'm not letting go of her easily until a wedding", Jay added, sending a wink my way.

"Aww", Sieun sighed, "I'm so jealous", After a while, she said, "Anyway, if you didn't forget, it's your baseball match today, the championship game"

"Yes I remember", I nodded. How could I? Hayoung won't stop chatting me about it yesterday.

"So are you going to win it?", Seeun asked hopefully, "It's the last game of this season"

"Of course I'm going to try. I am definitely going to give it all my best for my last game. Plus, I would really like for my boyfriend to see me play", I said.

Ye Eun ( or J ) looked at Jay, "Are you going to watch her?"

"Of course he's coming", I answered for him.

"I'll bring my friends", Jay confirmed.

"Great", Sumin said before pointing at her wristwatch, "Time to go now to our classes. Say bye to your boyfriend, Eunjoo"

Instead of leaving too soon, Jay had walked with me until we reach the entrance of the school and then I went for a last hug from him. Behind us, in the direction of the lockers, I spotted Samuel talking to his friends.

He glances at us before waving a friendly wave then back to his friends, as though all this was normal. It's as if he already listen to my words from the last time we talked.

A little ways away from him, I could see Ari chatting happily with her own classmates and the moment she caught my eyes, she's smiling then was caught up in another guy's arm in the hallway.

The whole situation brought me to think about the very first time when I walked over in this halls with nothing but hate to the both of them. Looking back, I can't really believe I would kiss a stranger in the mall as an act of revenge.

I was being brave and worse petty to do it and include an innocent guy who's only minding his business. All I could think about was to make Samuel feel the hurt I felt over his mistakes.