✗ thirteen ✗

chapter thirteen

This may not be obvious about me, but yes, I'm a soccer player, one of the things my father wanted me to do. Thankfully, my friends is mostly a player, so I know a thing or two about it.

Because of Jake and Ni-ki along Heeseung being good about it, I quickly get into it when I started before.

One of the big changes that happens when Eunjoo and I got together is, my dad wanted to be involved more in my life.

My mom texted me they would be here today. Which means I need for Eunjoo to come. They'll be asking for her for sure.

During the break for the practice, I went to the locker's room and give her a call.

"What are you doing?", I asked, no use in greetings now.

"Getting ready for school. What else?", she replies, sounding rather uninterested about me.

"You don't know I'm a soccer player, but can you get here for the game this afternoon?", I asked again.

"What would I do there? You're the one not wanting me to be seen there", she says, and it made me pause.

It's great that she remembers the rules I give, but why does she seems down? In the last time we met, we're okay, right?

"My family will come, so you know what's next. They need to see you"

"Okay", she agreed. I waited for her to say anything else, but she didn't.

"That's it? Won't you ask what you needed to do?", I say, not knowing why I'm concerned.

"You can expect me to act as marvelous as before", she mutters and I frown.

I want to ask her why she sounds like she wants to end the call already, I'm used to her complaining.

"Okay.. Bye Eunjoo", I say with a disappointed sigh at her reply.

She disconnect the call as soon as possible without even a goodbye to me. I put down the phone in the bench I'm sitting at. What's with her?

Did I annoy her again? Why she isn't excited to see me?

I know we are not a real thing and close even, but after I went to see her in her school and made her smile, I thought there was something between us. Now I feel stupid for feeling excited to see her again.

Even though it's only all an act between us, why do I feel like I'm being cheated at?

Why do I feel jealous of that ex now? Did she love him that much?

"Park Jay, focus on the game!", Heeseung shouts at me as he runs past me on the field.

The game is not going good especially with one player down and it's me. The other team is what we not expected. To win, they have to get me back on the offensive.

But I couldn't. My mind is elsewhere and I swear Ni-ki almost wanted to punch me in front of the whole school when I accidentally kicked the ball to the rival team.

Even Sunghoon who's not a player and my friend, is booing me now from the bleachers.

When we return for the half-time break, my coach is quickly giving me a hard time as he shouts on how I was out of the game. Ni-ki only walked around me while Jake is shaking his head in disappointment beside Heeseung.

In a bad mood after I was threaten to be remove out of the team, I turn to the audience. There's my family. My mom, dad and Jaehyuk. Of all the times I need to make him proud, I have to fail today.